+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you define love?

How do you define love?

This question has always interested me, and it seems like a lot of people have different definitions.

What is your definition of love?

Bonus question:

How can someone prove their love to you?

My answers:

Love is putting someone elses happiness before yours, and the way someone can prove it to me is if they go out of their way for me when they don't have to.
    Always tell people exactly how you feel, at that exact moment. If the moment has passed, let us help you:
    www.HopeYouGetThis.Com

L’esprit de l’escalier

letting some one go even if it breaks your heart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] There is light at the end of the tunnel ................you just have to walk towards it.

Love is something yet to be discovered....If ever
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

i have no freakin' idea... i'm going to watch this thread and see if any definition will come up that i feel sums up what love is.

Love is a feeling, a desire to see your partner happy, doing things for him/her even if you don't want to. Loving someone means sticking by his/her side even when things aren't the way you want them to be...bad finances, illness, etc. Love is a commitment to someone.

Love is the root of loneliness, the stem of trust,the leafs of passion, and the flower of bliss.

Love is a waste of time, real love is more of a waste of time, cause at the end, your true heart will just be bitch to that Someone.

And it kills your heart, make you feel cold and tired of what it called "Love".

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    THIS IS BY FAR THE EASIEST QUESTION.

Love is = trust+faithfulnes+commitment+resolving problems+acceptance of your partner's shortcommings... (NO I DONT MEAN SHORT PENIS AND PREMATURE EJACULATION)

if you do not trust. you dont love, if you are not faithful, you dont love, if you dont commit you dont love. Easy yes? the hardest part is Accepting your current spouse/lover/ shortcommings faults. WE ARE FREAKING HUMAN AND HUMAN FACTOR = IMPERFECTION/FAULTS.

How To prove someone that a person loves you

Successful Marriage Duh!!!

- Love is a balance where both person's needs are met.

- Love does not keep score. Like who spent how much money on whom.

- Love is not based on material things.

- Love is about caring for your mate's emotional and physical health. Do not say things that would offend them.

- Love is based on honesty, truth, and clear communication.

- Love takes work. As people change and grow, the other must accept these changes.

- Love is when someone accepts you for who you are. It's better when they actually like your quirks.

- Love is when you speak your mate's "language' to show them you care. Men tend to like food. Women tend to like to receive little gifts, cards, flowers, etc.

Love is a fancy word for uncontrollable chronic hornyness

I've wondered a lot about this question myself, because I've had so many different experiences with love.

There is a book I'm reminded of called Como Agua Para Chocolate/ Like Water for Chocolate. It deals with a woman who has two very different experiences with love, and she decides which experience is true love is her eyes.

The first relationship is with a man that she is deeply compatible with, but they also have many quarrels. Every feeling in their relationship is multiplied by 100. Their love is strong, but also their pain. Some people say that being able to feel this deeply for a person....being able to feel such intense emotions, is love.

In the other relationship, she and her partner deeply respected each other but they were missing that passion, that spark. The woman felt very safe and loved in the relationship, but there was no magic in the air like in the first relationship. She ultimately rejects this guy and goes back to the first relationship.

Sorry if that is a little off topic hehe. But do you think feeling extremely deep feelings is necessarily love?

Watch the Beethoven movie. This to me is an amazing act of bizarre love. I can't explain it any other way.

According to me, Love is fully wastage of time & I think "Love is one long sweet dream and marriage is the alarm clock."

When someone ask me if why do you love your boyfriend. I just answered " I don't know what specific thing that makes me fall in love with him but I just love him for being him" when this time comes that you can't explain why you love a person then this would be the time that you are in love. giggles

Love is equality between a couple, you both give and you both take from the relationship henceforth making a stronger relationship and a stronger union against outside factors,ie Illness, finance, or other people etc.
    To love entitles each person to their own space, to ensure each other is happy and when this isnt in your power you support each other.
    To many factors try to destroy a relationship but when only one of you love's and the other is not so committed if at all then is doomed to fail.
    We trust, respect and forgive short comings, ie snoring or the forgot anniversary, but to forgive infidelty is harder for then one has proven that the love they bring to the relationship was not as committed.One may try to forgive because they still love them but it will always remain in our heart and thoughts.
    Being human and giving your heart gives another power over you when they destroy you then you know love wasnt in the equation
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp