View Poll Results: Boyfriend keeps befriending his Ex

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's ok. You're the girlfriend now.

3 100.00%
  • It's not ok. It always leads somewhere.

1 33.33%
  • It's ok to talk once in a while but to do favors is a bit too much.

0 0%
  • Because of love, you just gotta accept that the girl was once part of his life. No what if's and buts.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bf befriending ex

bf befriending ex

How would you feel if your boyfriend still befriends his ex. Not only do they talk once in a while ( they seem updated with each other's lives?!?) but that he also does her favors when she asks.
    Jay-tea :0)

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you mean?? does the bf have a new gf and is he just good friends with his ex gf? raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

he already has a new gf but he still keeps bfriending his ex

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i would personally question how close they are and how long ago was the previous relationship. if it seems that he still has feelings for his past gf then i would talk to him about it asap. you don't want to be in a relationship as a rebound. however if they are just friends platonically, and nothing more, it wouldn't really bother me because i as quite close to my ex. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

their relationship lasted 4 yrs. and it hasn't been a year yet since they broke up. they seem quite updated with each other's activities and they do favors for each other once in a while. the girl (ex) is also close to his family which is why she still keeps in touch with his siblings too.

peshkunta Guest
    Hmmnn...It all depends. If he spends more, or equal time with his ex as he does with his current girlfriend, than it clearly shows that there is still interest toward the ex. Depending on the reason they split up and how much time they still spend together, they might get back together. The new girlfriend (I wasn't sure if you were talking about yourself or about a friend of yours) should be cautious...and go with her guts on that one. But things like that are pretty obvious - there are soooo many signs.

Personally I was in a very close relationshp with my exboyfriend, but we broke up over a year ago, but we're still good friends. Yeah, at first it was pretty hard and feelings were gettig in the way, but now it's all good. I managed to move on and now i have a wonderful boyfriend (my love!) but I'm still friends with my ex. It's just that we were friends on top of all things, so it kind of hard to stop talking to each other - we're incredibly alike, and we have pretty much the same tastes in a lot of stuff...we do favors for each other once in a while.
    I have it all. Including kino.

peshkunta Guest
    Naturally, you try and spend time with the person you like/love the most, so if he tends to spend more time with his ex, then that means that he is not quite over her.

i think you're correct peshkunta.

killerbabe, i'm just wondering, how would you feel if your boyfriend's ex treats him the way you treat your ex?

It would depend on how close they were before they broke up, and why they're still friends. In my case we were very close friends, and that's why we stayed friends, if not I think it would be a little differnet. I guess I wouldn't mind, anyway. By the way, I think if he does her favors once in a while it shows how nice of a guy he is!!!

A nice guy... yes. But "stealable" too

Nah...I say, girl, if your guy loves you need not worry.
    My boyfriend for instance is back in the US right now, 6000 miles away from me and I know a lot of girls are trying to seduce him right now, but I'm at peace cause I trust him.

Another tip - if you want a guy to be faithful and stuff give him the right to do anything he wants to. Let him have as many gils as he wants. Tell him about it. It won't be as tempting for him since you don't mind. But you have to stress, however, that you Do give him the right to do anything he wants to, however, if he does you're not gonna be mad at him or anything, you're just gonna be REAALY hurt.

Works. Really.

hmmmm... sounds good.....

But then, for me, I'd rather give him away then share him with other girls Guess I'm not just not the type who can play that game