+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 16 Year Old Needs Some Help

16 Year Old Needs Some Help

I'm 16, and I'm having a real difficult time decyphering a girls signs.. Lately, I've taken interest into a girl... I see her everyday because she goes to my school. We talk, but I find her looking at me in class, or in the halls, or waving to me before I get a chance. I was really anticipating getting together with her, and I finally did last night at a party... but emotions seemed to sprawl out of control.
    My problem is I'm incredibly insercure and unsure of my self, I'm the type of guy who if a girl tells me that she likes me I won't believe it because I believe its all a hoax to fool my emotions. And I dont know if she was sending me any signs last night. She made first contact and I caught her looking at me... When I was sittin at the kitchen table she was right beside me, teasing me. Then we went downstairs, and I sat on a bed and she was on a chair a bit far from me. I was sitting on the front of the bed, and she came and sat down beside me pretty close too, basically hip to hip. All of the people left, just leaving me and her.. She laid down and I rested my back up against the wall looking down at her. The converstation got into relationships, sex and she told me about how her last boyfriend sucked because he didnt make any moves( some kind of hint? ) she looked at me in the eyes when she said this. She said was waiting to get into a relationship with the right guy at this time she was eyeing me... It was like a " charge " or " energy " was in the air. There were akward moments, where I could feel her eyes on me and I was watching tv, I turned around and we locked eyes. She turned to her side so she was laying on it, and I laid down a bit. We locked eyes and were eyeing each other up and down. I was slowly reaching my hand out to put it on her tummy and lean in for a kiss but the door opened up. And after that people were coming in and out and it was like the " spark " or " energy " was gone? And now I'm worried if I did something, or if she doesn't like me.. Im just so confused...

Sounds very romantic. Specially the way you describe it. Damn that girl sure knows her moves. She's definitely into you. All you have to do is play along and basically just ask her out. Kiss her on your first date, she'll love it. You can be as pushy as can, either way, she'll love it.

I don't think you broke the spell by not kissing her that time. Don't worry, she won't stop liking you just because you missed the moment.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah i would say the same thing. it seems like she's telling you something so make a move. don't life your life in fear because later you'll only regret knowing the possible outcome. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

everyone deserves to be loved and liked just like everyone deserves to be happy.
    go ahead. do what makes you happy.
    and believe in yourself, that you deserve all the best that life can offer. savor each moment you spend with this girl. and don't let chances pass you by
    Jay-tea :0)

Thanks for your replies and help, I really do appreaciate it. Well its monday and we go to the same school but I didnt really have a chance to talk to her. But I'm just full of doubt right now, I dont know what it is, but its giving me large doses of doubts that are hitting me like the fists of a opposing boxer in a ring. Now I'm turning shy, really shy. And I dont know what shes thinking, I wish she did.... but I don't. Maybe shes feeling sad, bad or frustrated that I didn't make a move. Maybe shes feeling bad I didn't leap into a full out converstation with her. I dont know if she feels akward, I'm just panicking though. I can feel it, its spreading threw my body so fast. Even more and more confusion.

Relax...

peshkunta Guest
    I don't mean to repeat myself, but don't over anayze it.
    It'll take you way too much time and effort to try and decipher her mind and then you might find out it wasn't worth it. In cases like that things are so relative that you'll be stuck with a 50/50 probability and you'll get nowhere. The best thing to do in situations like that, is to let things happen naturally and if she likes you (as more than a friend) great, if she doesn't also great, you could be friends. Don't get stuck on her - enjoy having fun with other girls, too. Just take it easy, and don't stress out. And you shouldn't put yourself down like that. I'm sure you have a lot to offer her - be confident and love yourself. People come in your life and go, they might like you, they might not, but what matters here most is that you like yourself. I like confident girls and I'm guessing girls like confident guys. So, I don't think she would like to know that you feel insecure. Some girls look for security and support in a guy.

True. Just don't seem overconfident though...girls hate that

Peshkunta's right. Perhaps you're overanalyzing things. You see, we think too much, our minds tend to make simple things complicated. We "over-predict" possibilities increasing our anxiety level. Fact is, most of our fears and worries don't even happen

So loosen up... be happy.. enjoy life

I agree with everyone else. She might as well be holding up a sign that says "I have a thing for badassy!" I remember being your age, and being unsure of myself and what the outcome of any given situation will be, just to find out later in life that it is ok to be unsure. If you do make a move, the worse thing that is probably going to happen is she'll pull her head away and it will probably be a little uncomfortable for a minute. If that's the case then just explain you misread her signals, and probably no harm done. But then again, what's likely to happen is she will kiss you back. Now, I know you are having a problem with confidence, but the best way to deal with that in my experience is to just go for it, and belive me my friend it will get much easier each time thereafter. Even if you get shot down, you will find out it isn't as bad as your busy mind has made it out to be. I think you know how she feels about you, you just need to decide if you want to believe yourself.
    Just my $0.02.
    ViSionS
    Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness in which they were created. --Albert Einstein