+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What have i done?

What have i done?

Firstly i have been split from my ex for around 7 months or so now.. We have a son together.. We split because the relatioship took a bit of bad patch, and she cheated on me as a result. We had been together around 8 years.

Late january i met a new girl., and everything has been great with her.. She has her bad habits etc but dont we all. She made me happy again! and has been staying at mine for the last month or so.

Anyway i run my own business, and my ex is a nurse so we both have decent incomes.. My new gf doesnt that much.
    I had been thinking how much of a good life and future me and my ex could have had from time to time because of our incomes etc etc Good life for or son, nice home etc..

My ex contacted last week to say she was sorry yada yada and she wanted me back.. i got them thoughts again about being a family, and what a good life we could have.. Stupisly i have broke it off with the new GF because of this.

Problem is, the ex is coming to see me after work, and i honestly do not know if i love her any more..

I am sooooo confused, i have no idea what the hell to do. I was just starting to think i could love the new GF aswell, she had told me she loved me..

What the hell am i doing?

Your opinions?

If you have to question your love for her, then you obviously dont love her. In my personal experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. Whoes to say that things wont get rough again and she wont go do it again. Once trust if broken it is very hard to re-build that. In the end its your decision what you do. Having a child in the picture tho is difficult, but you have to realize that getting back together with her may not be the best thing for him/her. You need to think about number one...

The way I see it is that you had a rough patch and she went out and cheated on you. Not the mark of a good relationship. Then, you got over it and started dating someone else that you liked. But because you think that you and your ex could have a good income and some nice things is not a reason to get back together. You need to let the ex know that the ship has sailed and move on with your life. It will be better in the long run for you, your ex, and your son.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Thanks guys it's good to hear an opinion from a 3rd party. I think deep down I know what I need to do but just find it difficult to do it. And to top it all off I feel like a right arse how i have treat the new gf.