+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HOT first date... but?

HOT first date... but?

Alright, so I went on a date with a guy and he was great! It wasn't a date per se because he was kind of forced to be at a bar as a designated driver, but he drove out of his way to come pick me up and we drank a little bit and had a good time. It was a fun night. Halfway through it his younger sister called, panicked, because she was drunk and didn't have a way to get home so he went to pick her up and as a result, we had to cut our date short.

He knows I like him and I know he likes me. We both find each other really attractive (yes! ) but the kicker is at the end of the night I thought I was just going to get out of his car, but he stopped me and planted the best, longest kiss I've ever had on my lips. I mean, the windows in the car were pretty much steaming. I wanted to leave him begging for more, so I was the one to pull away from the kiss. I happened to let my hands roam a bit and felt he was... excited, so I know he was attracted to me. I usually don't kiss on the first date like this, but I was a little woozy and he really initiated the tongue kiss so I just ran with it.

So the question is this: how do you keep a man interested for a second date? I don't want to go all, "hey let's see each other agaiiiiiinnnn!" really quickly because it might scare him, despite the fact that I would love to. Is nonchalance the best tactic at this point? Gah, if it were up to me I would just come out and let him know because I don't play games like that, but after being with my ex who had 'rules' for me seeing him and who didn't put any effort/investment into our relationship, I don't remember what a good relationship is like (despite having nothing but good ones leading up to my most recent ex. One bad dude will ruin it for you).

I texted him after he dropped me off, "Not gonna lie, I kinda have a crush on you!" and he texted back, "I try!" I think it's the start of something great. What do I do now?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't like games then just come out and say you would like to see him again. Be yourself. If he is the right one and the feeling is mutual he will want to see you and cut the bullshit too. If he wants to play games and play hard to get and all that crap then maybe he isn't worth it. I too hate the games and if a guy is going to play them I just move on figuring if he likes me enough to see me again he will.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Quote Originally Posted by queenofheartsNY View Post
    So the question is this: how do you keep a man interested for a second date? I don't want to go all, "hey let's see each other agaiiiiiinnnn!" really quickly because it might scare him, despite the fact that I would love to.
    Why do you think that would scare him? If he isn't excited about a second date, he probably isn't interested. Better to learn that now than later.

I've heard from MANY men that that comes off as being needy, whereas I just think it's being honest.

You keep a man interested with YOUR personality.this should be enough to keep him coming back if you two are compatible...don't use sex as a control tool over him..this is pathetic...sex will come naturally when you two are read...don't play games and be yourself.

Just get to know each other on all levels and hopefully it will turn into a relatonship...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.