+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Husband left me after 7 months of marriage and a 11 year relationship

Husband left me after 7 months of marriage and a 11 year relationship

My husband left me 2 1/2 months ago after we had only been married for 7 months. We'd been together 11 years in total and we were trying for a baby. We've split up a couple of times in the past (his choice not mine) and the reason has always been the same - he doesn't know if he feels the same way anymore. Last time we split up was 3 years ago but it was only for 2 weeks before he changed his mind, but he then recently turned round when we were splitting and said he got back with me because he felt sorry for me.

I'm heartbroken. He was my best friend. We rarely argued and were so close. He is a lovely guy and I still love him. He still texts me every week asking how I am and I tell him I'm doing fine - which most days I am. I'm trying hard to be positive and keeping myself busy. He seems reluctant to take all of his things from our home and he occasionally says things like he was looking at our honeymoon album and it brought tears to his eyes (this was saturday). I haven't texted him except in response to his and I haven't asked him to come back to me which would be typical of me. I've figured if he wants to come back to me it should be his decision.

Do you think he still loves me and regrets his decision? Or should I just move on?

so you are seperated now? Marriage is a big step and some people just dont know how to deal with it.... Does he have mental/emotional issues?

Why he married you if he got back with you because he was sorry for you?
    How are things between you? Do you think he was happy? Are you happy?

He texted me last night to say he is ashamed of the way he's behaved,that he's sorry, that I deserve so much better than him and that he's realised what he's thrown away. And he basically called himself a lot of swear words.
    We are separated (he now lives at his friends house), and I haven't seen him since the split. Because I would have found it too painful. He texts me quite a lot though.
    I was happy most of the time. It was only when I sensed he wasn't happy that I felt unhappy. He don't know about the emotional issues. I just don't understand what he's playing at.
    I think maybe I need to move on, but it's hard. Especially as we were living together for 6 years. I'll not text him and see what happens

That's a large span of time in between the first date and getting married. This guy probably has serious issues with commitment and just isn't good husband material. Just move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Go out with friends as much as poss, sound happy to b separated when he calls. Get ur hair done and do some stuff/ buy some stuff u have wanted. Appear as if u have moved on, don't answer all his calls. This will make him see a different side to u and make him re evaluate everything.

And if He does come back to u at least u know he is not coming back because he pittys you.

Poor u, u sound real strong. Gd luck. Xxx

Do u have kids?