+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my boyfriend racist?

Not striking me as racist off the bat. Just really friggin ignorant.

Racists are more hate based, and from what the things you say he's said, I wouldn't say it's hatred, just stupidity.

Not sure if it would change, he's young. But regardless, in the mean time he's going to keep saying things that hurt. I'd say put your foot down and tell him to keep his mouth shut about it, or move along.
    Green!

That is a strange situation; mainly because he displays every characteristic of an ignorant racist asshole, yet he's dating a black girl.

I think you're best bet would be to leave him either way. You don't need to deal with that. Like another poaster said: he may not be racist so much as just plain ignorant, which both are things you do not want to be involved with.

I know he' so friggin ignorant. We had a huge argument about it yesterday and he says 'everyone has an opinion about what other race are going to be like' and I'm thinking no not really. I don't have a prejudged opinion about white people. I meet an individual, I get to know them, simple. I don't have an opinion of a race as a whole.

nothing personal if you prejudge a race? come on!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You remind me of a black girl we had here before that always dated white guys.

She seemed to keep having the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Regnent View Post
    Not striking me as racist off the bat. Just really friggin ignorant.

Racists are more hate based, and from what the things you say he's said, I wouldn't say it's hatred, just stupidity.
    Racism(n) - A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement.

He is a racist.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How big is his penis?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You remind me of a black girl we had here before that always dated white guys.

She seemed to keep having the same issues.
    lol well he's the first white guy I've ever been with because every black guy I've been with are frigging assholes so thought might try dating outside my race. And he is nice, as in nicer than anyone I've ever been with but this who racial thing is bad. We never argue, the only thing we argue about is 'racial stuff'. Maybe I'm just doomed to date assholes hehe

You're not doomed to date assholes. You're just feeble-minded, easy prey for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You're not doomed to date assholes. You're just feeble-minded, easy prey for them.
    Lol, why are you so mean? Surely you could put it in nicer words.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like you need a good asian man.

Try bringing up how and why he feels the way he does about black people.

If you're raised in an average town by a good family, you're more than likely going to turn out as a decent human being. I grew up in a nice suburban town. More white people than black, but everyone got along, because we were all generally equal and happy.

But I've also lived in a pretty bad city before, and worked as Loss Prevention for a retail chain, and 95% of the people I caught stealing, were black people and were usually high on crack...but then to equal out, the reason most of the white people didn't steal, is because they were drunks and trash leaching off the government with food stamps to support their 10 kids, so they didnt need to steal...so it's all about location.

If you live in a bad city, I can slightly understand why he's apprehensive(but no excuse for his ignorance) about some things..but if you live in an ok area and he's acting like that, then he's just worthless.

I know I just rambled a lot, but I'm bored

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy1993 View Post
    The real question is why is everyone being so nice? I'm not being mean, I'm being realistic and actually trying to help the OP. I'm not coddling this nitwit like everyone else, in hope that she will wake up. It's not going well though, she's not too keen on the uptake..guess you're not either. I hope he hangs her dumbass; she'd do a lot more for black people as martyr, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsShane View Post
    Try bringing up how and why he feels the way he does about black people.

If you're raised in an average town by a good family, you're more than likely going to turn out as a decent human being. I grew up in a nice suburban town. More white people than black, but everyone got along, because we were all generally equal and happy.

But I've also lived in a pretty bad city before, and worked as Loss Prevention for a retail chain, and 95% of the people I caught stealing, were black people and were usually high on crack...but then to equal out, the reason most of the white people didn't steal, is because they were drunks and trash leaching off the government with food stamps to support their 10 kids, so they didnt need to steal...so it's all about location.

If you live in a bad city, I can slightly understand why he's apprehensive(but no excuse for his ignorance) about some things..but if you live in an ok area and he's acting like that, then he's just worthless.

I know I just rambled a lot, but I'm bored

Lol nooo, you actually make sense. He live in a little 'village' sort of near me where you will have to pray to God to see one black person walk on the streets. Another example is, I'm going to his oldest sibling's wedding in two months and over 200 guests have been invited and I WILL BE THE ONLY BLACK PERSON there. So I'm making excuses for him that it might be because he's grown up in a white community. I've been brought up different. where he lives is like a whole new world.. people stare at me when i go visit him because they're all white around there. so am thinking could this be why he's like that but at the same time thinking, if you don't know, you ask, you don't make assumptions about people based on their race right

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy1993 View Post
    nooo he can't be nice to save his life. It will actually kill him to be nice. He's a friggin asshole and I would actually appreciate it if he can **** right off my page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast