+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my boyfriend racist?

Is my boyfriend racist?

Well, I've been with my boyfriend for just over 8 months now. He's white, 24 years of age and I'm a 21 year old black girl. He's the nicest guy I've ever been with. He does everything for me to the point I say listen I don't want you doing so much but the thing is, he makes snide comments. Like he have very very bad opinion of black people. And he doesn't try to hide it either. He says stuff like 'I'm very wary of you and all the people that you hang out with'. He's very judgemental of all black people. He said to me one time 'I'm scared if we have kids they might turn out to be druggies' I don't smoke, or drink never mind do drugs so I knew it was because i'm black. When i confronted him, he apologised and said it wasn't gonna happen again. He always apologise but i feel he's never gonna change his mind about black people. He sometimes makes me feel like I have to apologise for being black. I love being black, I'm proud that I'm black and I've told him that as well, I just wish he wouldn't make me feel so bad about myself. what shall i do? he's by far the best bf but he has problems with people of my race which makes me wonder why he's with me.

wtf... why are you with this guy... is he just joking around? Does he have a sarcastic sense of humor?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyones a little bit racist

You're ****in retarded. Yes, he's racist. You didn't have to waste our time with this either, you could've just looked up the definition.

Do you really want to be in a relationship where you feel marginalized and inferior?

****in, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You're ****in retarded. Yes, he's racist. You didn't have to waste our time with this either, you could've just looked up the definition.

Do you really want to be in a relationship where you feel marginalized and inferior?

****in, retarded.

I'm sorry I don't think you should ever call me retarded. DUH! I do know what racist mean, but I have never been with a white guy before so like someone rightly said, i thought he might have a sarcastic sense of humour. Don't reply to my post if you're gonna start calling me names thank you very much. I'm in my final year of university studying forensic chemistry, couldn't do that if i was retarded and I don't think me asking something has called for calling me names!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    wtf... why are you with this guy... is he just joking around? Does he have a sarcastic sense of humor?
    I thought he had a sarcastic sense of humour at first and i always overlook it when he says things like that but then its getting way way out of hand now so yeah exactly why the **** am i with him! lol

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Everyones a little bit racist
    are they? I'm not and i'm certainly not one single bit judgemental of people of other race. I don't see colour, i see individuals

If you knew what racist meant already, then you're just proving my point that you shouldn't be asking. You just apply the definition to him, and if it fits, then he is. If it does not, then he is not. There's a difference between a retard and a ****in retard. I'm a computer programmer, doesn't mean I'm not a ****in retard sometimes. A retard is someone with an extremely limited ability to learn, a ****in retard is someone that can't see what's plain as day right in front of their face. Your boyfriend constantly demeans, prejudges, and makes assumptions about black people, based solely on race and you are asking if he's a racist...****in retard! Honestly, calling you a ****in retard wasn't really in response to your question as much as it was directed at you for still being with him.

sadie_genie Guest
    Of course he is racist. What do you expect? He is white.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Of course he is racist. What do you expect? He is white.
    lol!!!!

(10 chars)

Whether he's flat out racist or just extremely insensitive, what he's doing is not ok. Who cares if he's "joking" or "being sarcastic"? The point is that he is being offensive, not just to you, but to your culture as a whole. I would be PISSED if someone I was dating made such harsh comments like those and I wouldn't let them slide. Ask him to stop being so rude and if he has those opinions, he can move on because you deserve someone who loves and appreciates you, regardless of your skin or ethnic background.

If it is sarcastic, then it's offencive to the racists, not to the culture.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm pretty racist too, nothing personal towards those I prejudge.

Yeah, he's racist. You must not deal with racism much seeing as how you'd need to seek advice about it. A lot of the times, people try to mask their racism with sarcasm......I hear it all the time here in the southern U.S. Cowards. Anyways, yeah the guy obviously has a problem with black people which means he has to have a problem with you. I can't see how he could be the nicest guy you've ever had and despise YOUR race in general.....

You should tell him you're afraid that he and his friends are going to burn down your house and lynch you. And tell him you don't want to have kids because he'll probably sell them into slavery. Then you should break up with his ashy ass and tell him you're gonna get some big black anaconda because his small white dick isn't doing anything.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 12-04-11 at 09:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast