+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Roller coaster....

Roller coaster....

It seems as though I live a roller coaster of emotions every week. I'll go from very happy with myself and confident in my job, my relationship, friendships, finances etc.....and then all of a sudden it will just plummet and I will feel bad about all of it. I'll want a new job, I worry about paying off debt, I worry I'm not being a good enough boyfriend, and I worry that I don't spend enough time with my other friends. Then I start questioning my professional abilities etc wondering if I'm good enough for my job. WOW....I don't really know why this is. Maybe due to lack of sleep sometimes.

I guess I'm just wondering if you guys have this sometimes and how you deal with it and hopefully prevent it.

Thanks,
    firewired

Healthy diet, proper sleep, stay away from drugs, alcohol and cigarettes, exercise, socialize and learn new things........these will give you a healthy brain, and with a healthy brain is a life free of trouble and worry. It's pretty simple.

Those are great recommendations. I guess what I've found is that since my girlfriend moved in. We both have changed out habits alot. Neither one of us exercise much any more, and we don't eat as healthy as we used to. And we tend to not go out with friends as much. We are both really content at home with each other. But we both know that we are gaining weight, and I we both want to start working out more frequently, but it seems like something always comes up or else we just love our evenings so much we don't want to spend an hour working out!

Working out doesn't have to be a chore. You both can go swimming, hiking, or go for a 20 min walk after dinner....why not try going out for some salsa dancing lessons to spice things up? There's even indoor rock climbing that is physically and mentally challenging. So there is no excuse. Just have to think outside the box.

Sounds good buddy. Thanks for the input! I'll try thinking outside the box a little bit.