+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sensitive guy or smooth player?

Sensitive guy or smooth player?

This guy that I dated last summer is trying to start something up again with me and I'm not sure what his intentions are. His behavior last summer was shady. Without going into a lengthy post I had good reason to believe his best friend "Karen" was really his girlfriend. I never met her once in the 3 months we were dating but he was always off doing things with her and I was never included. He broke up with me saying he was too "busy" to date.

Well 6 months AFTER he broke up with me HE contacted ME to do some outdoor activities that we use to enjoy when dating. It became clear fairly soon he wanted to be more than friends.

I asked he straight up about Karen and their "friend" relationship and he swore they never dated,were not dating or ever would. He said she was JUST his best friend. Well I wanted to believe him but again his "shady" behavior started up again.

The most resent "shady" behavior was last weekend. I told him I was going to stop over his place around 9pm Friday after work. He told me he was watching movies with friends so it would be better if I came over Sat night(1st red flag). Sat morning(9am) I called got his Voice mail and left a message I was stopping by to bring him out for brunch. He called me back at 930 to say he was leaving at 10am pick up his kids so not to come by. My friend and I went by in her car at 11 am and not only was his car still there BUT so was Karen's!

I cold not tell him I was snooping but the next time I saw him told him I thought his behavior Friday and Sat morning was shady.He seemed surprised at this. I went on to tell him how my ex had cheated on me and I did not want to go thru it again. I told him how much I cared for him and all the good things I liked about him.

Then he did something I DID NOT expect. He teared up and got all emotional when I told him how much I cared for him. He told me how he had dreams of us being a family and how strongly he feels about me. I DON"T GET IT. I have this feeling he's not being truthful about "Karen" but then he gets all teary eyed when I tell him how much he means to me. Could I be wrong about him?

Smooth player can also be a sensitive guy. They are not mutually exclusive. And smooth player can also shed crocodile tears. Just because he is sensitive doesn't mean he isn't a sleazebag. He could very well be lying about this Karen thing or may not. You just have to find out the truth before progressing with this relationship.

Women have a built in thing called "intuition". Your gut feelings should never be ignored.....like I always say, if it doesn't feel right, it's not. All the classic signs are there.....if any man can't have you dropping by his place unexpectedly you know he has a GF or wife.

If you want to prove it, don't call him, just show up at his door.

sadie_genie Guest
    He is probably tearing up because he is feeling guilty. To be sure, just show up at his place when you think something weird is going on.

I agree about just stopping by. It would put the entire thing out in the open then. And that is where the conversation needs to be. You are too suspicious to move forward with him, so you need to find out for sure. And I agree with Bonfire that shady and sensitive are not mutually exclusive.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Tell him you want to meet Karen.

I am always for the sensitive option.