+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the best way to deal with a girl playing hard to get?

What's the best way to deal with a girl playing hard to get?

I'm told there are two reasons why girls play hard to get.
    1. They don't want to be seen as a sitting duck, slut, or whatever.
    2. They've been hurt in the past and are being cautious.

This girl I'm seeing falls under reason # 2.
    Her fiance left her to marry another woman while she was in another country. This happened about 4 years ago. She hasn't been with any man since. I've known her for 5 months. She knows I like her. We've been on a few dates. It's like day 1 she gets excited and talks about how exciting it would be if we were to get married and have our little kids. And then day 2 she says she thinks of me as a good "friend". Day 3 she says she thinks of me all the time. Day 4 she says she is grateful for a friend like me and tells me she hasn't found her man yet. Day 5 she hugs me and looks at me as if to ask 'won't you kiss me?' I touch her she doesn't resist at all but seems to like it a lot. Also she gets jealous when another girl talks to me. She'd later say "that girl's cute, isn't she?" in her sarcastic tone. Ok so what the hell is going on? I really love her and if there's someone I see myself growing old with she's the one. I don't understand what happens that she is hot one day and cold the next. I don't want to end up doing anything that I may regret later. I know she likes me as well. I can see that in her eyes and her actions, sometimes words too.
    Also please tell me what's the best way to deal with women like her? I need your honest opinion on this. Thanks!

What's slightly unsettling to me is that you've known her a very short time, have only been on a few dates, and in that time she has shown these bizarre constellation of moods, yet you want to grow old with such a fickle woman. Honestly, it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

In my opinion there are two options.
    Be more straightforward and ask if she wants a proper relationship. Or just take it slow and see if she is interested enough to take the initiative.
    If you take it slow or she chooses to, don't get emotionally involved and concentrate on finding someone, who finds you as her man.

@ Spring Haze - you're right. I'm afraid I've fallen deeper for her than I should in such a short time. The thing is we kinda knew each other through common friends for a couple of years or so before we actually met in person. She says she liked what she heard about me from a friend of hers who I worked with for 2 months in the past. I'd heard about her too and saw some pics and thought she looked great. Well so we clicked well from the moment we first met and talked.
    I guess like the other poster suggests maybe I should take things real slow and see if there's a future.

@ Yet Another Guy - one question. How long do you think I should wait before I contact her again? I'm not really good at this because I've never really faced such challenge before. I always knew what to do with my past relationships. I'm a little clueless with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jb1111983 View Post
    @ Yet Another Guy - one question. How long do you think I should wait before I contact her again?
    You probably know that better than I do. My advice come always from common sense rather than experience.

What's the best way to deal with a girl playing hard to get? This..

j/k

@ Bonfire - lol I probably should try that! Tried that on any girl?

@ Yet Another Guy - thanks, mate. I think I'll go with a week and see how things go from there.

She sounds like a bunny boiler (aka loony). I'd leave her alone and try to find somebody 'normal'