I just got out of a pretty intense relationship about 2 months ago, I had been dating this person for over a year and things ended not the way I wanted, but I accepted it. I'm into another person now who goes to the same college as me. She was there for me after my relationship ended and we have been pretty good friends since we both started school at the same time. I don't get to see her that often anymore because she is a completely different major from me but I sometimes see her in the halls or parking lot and we catch up on things.

Today she has been going through a lot of stress, and I talked to her and told her I cared about her and offered to help her if she ever needed anything. As far as I know, however; she does not know that I am starting to like her. We both work full time after school to pay our bills and such and its hard to get anything going during the week.

The advice I need is where do I take this? She does not have a boyfriend so there are no problems there. Should I just continue the path I am on and build my way up until she figures out that I actually like her? Or should I just try to ask her out and see what her reaction is?

To clear up one last thing even know I dated my last girlfriend for over a year, I am completely over her. She is dating someone else now and I think I should be able to move on also, and I am not talking about a rebound.

So any advice at all I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!