+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The "code" of a friend's Ex

The "code" of a friend's Ex

I made a thread in the Love Advice forum, but I actually have a different question related to my issue, due to recent changes. First I'll give a very quick rundown.

I dated a girl back in 2003 for a couple months. After we broke up, we never talked again, until a few months ago. We started hanging out a lot as friends(we fooled around a couple times, but it was mutually no-strings attached).

She eventually started bringing her best friend along when we would go out, and I eventually developed feelings for her. We have an incredible connection, and I could just stare at her all day...the really mushy kind of feelings.

Anyways, my ex is in the process of getting back with her other ex boyfriend, so I started hinting at the possibility of dating her friend. She said "I wouldn't be mad..I'd say go for it, buuut I don't know how she'd feel, cuz she knows that we were sexual last month..plus, you're my ex"

So my question is: if YOU felt a connection with your best friend's ex boyfriend(I'm assuming this girl feels the connection as well), and your best friend approved of it, would you give it a shot? Or would you not mess with that situation for the fact that you're best friend has been with him?

I really want to pursue this girl before she starts dating somebody else, because this girl wont stay single long...she's too perfect in every way for any other guy to not see it.

Of course! I don't understand where the problem lies?

sadie_genie Guest
    If your ex seems okay with it, its fine. Although, you have to be careful. Just because she say so doesn't mean she is really okay with it. You just have to trust your intuition.

Let the girl decide. She should know your ex well. If she is okay with it, go ahead.

I'm confident that she's ok with it, only because of the fact that she's in the process of working things out with her ex that she was with for the past 6 years. He's the love of her life, so she's currently not concerned with anyone else's love interests. Plus, she knows I'm a good person and would only consider dating a girl if I was 100% serious to make something out of it. I'm 25 now and I'm at a point where I'm trying to find a girl to settle down with.

Thanks for the input, both of you. I suppose I'll try hinting at it with the girl now and see if it IS infact a mutual connection

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I personally would go for it. But it depends on her firm stance as some girls just can't do the seconds thing...

You go out with whomever you want. No one, best friend or not, can or should dictate who you go out with.......if they can't handle it that's their own damn problem and none of yours.