+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My bf wants to take a break. Shoud I wait or move on?

My bf wants to take a break. Shoud I wait or move on?

My bf of 7 months told me he wants us to take a break for a few weeks. We're in a long distance relationship. We last saw each other a few days ago, went on a trip, everything was amazing.. when he returned home, he posted some pics on facebook from the trip, but none with me. Actually, he has no pics with me on his profile, just with his friends. I asked him why won't you put one with me, he said" he doesn't want people to think that he was in love, which was not the case". Then, he said I stress him too much and that he wants a break to figure out if he still wants to be with me.
    Do you think it's just an excuse for a break-up? Should I wait for a month? He said no contact during this time..
    I'm really scared that there's another girl... I asked and he said no, but of course he wouldn't admit it if it were true.. It's been 2 days of no contact and it's driving me crazy not knowing what he's doing and who's he with...

As a guy I can tell you this relationship is completely over. Hate being so blunt but you need to move forward .

Quote Originally Posted by MissSalma View Post
    My bf of 7 months told me he wants us to take a break for a few weeks. We're in a long distance relationship. We last saw each other a few days ago, went on a trip, everything was amazing.. when he returned home, he posted some pics on facebook from the trip, but none with me. Actually, he has no pics with me on his profile, just with his friends. I asked him why won't you put one with me, he said" he doesn't want people to think that he was in love, which was not the case". Then, he said I stress him too much and that he wants a break to figure out if he still wants to be with me.
    Do you think it's just an excuse for a break-up? Should I wait for a month? He said no contact during this time..
    I'm really scared that there's another girl... I asked and he said no, but of course he wouldn't admit it if it were true.. It's been 2 days of no contact and it's driving me crazy not knowing what he's doing and who's he with...
    Sorry, I have to agree with the above. It's over. The reason there are no photos of you on his Facebook are so he can avoid admitting any sort of relationship.

He wants a break to find another girl/work on an existing relationship with a girl and just phase you out with minimal drama. Worst case for him, you call him after a month and he doesn't care in the slightest anymore what you say so it's better for him anyway.

Move on.. I'm sorry.

I'm the third to agree. The guy 'doesn't want people to think he was in love'. And then he says he wants a break.

He is breaking up with you. Being the spineless guy he is, he would rather ignore you and hope you will go away, rather than be a man and just tell you. Maybe he will come back in a month or so, after what he thought he had a line on, falls apart. But you are just a 'in the mean time' relaitonship. Be prepared for him to do this again, and again.

Show some class and pride and make it a clean and foever break. Erase his phone number from your cell, defriend him on facebook, delete all emails.

Sorry Its over..

You are already going no contact so just stick to it. Go find yourself a man who will love you and treat you with decensy and respect. It is definitely for the best. So sorry some ass*ole had to put you through this. Bleh some spineless people!! He is a pathetic excuse for a man so dont feel so bad about the breakup anyway!! As already stated, erase his number, completely block him on facebook that way you cant see anything about him at all on there and surround yourself with friends and family. I wish you a quick recovery
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Move on. Being a guy I get a feeling he's fallen for another girl like you feared. It won't be easy moving on but it's worth it. And when you're over it give another guy a chance. Trust me someday you'll be thankful that it didn't work out with this guy.

I would not put up with this, in a similar situation myself after 2 years, unsure of what she wants, wants a break etc, at least it's not further on down the line and has hurt you more.

I agree with everyone above. It sounds like he wants a "break" just in case he can't get another gf in that time period. Not putting up any acknowledgment of you, even though he acknowledges the trip, sounds like he wants other girls to think that he is single. If you wait it out, he may come back, but it will only be until he decides to try again for someone else.

Best suggestion, don't even think about him during this time. Move on and find other people to take your mind off him. Enjoy your life. That is the best thing to do regardless of anything else happening.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!