+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls if this happened to you...

Girls if this happened to you...

Hey,

I work at a gym as an instructor. I like this girl who just signed up about a month ago. I dont see her very often but I have spoken to her, I convinced her to come to my class but I can see on our member database she hasnt been in the gym since that class - 2 weeks ago!

So tell me, if a gym instructor from your gym gave you a text (getting the number from the database) to see if you are OK would that be nice and sweet.... or a bit creepy?

How would you react?

Thanks

If it was a trainer I barely knew, it would probably make me mad. I'd think you were either being too pushy or that you were misusing my membership information. BUT I'm pretty sensitive about personal information. Also, was she coming regularly before she came to your class? Did u chat her up before/after class?

Two of the trainers at my gym text/email if they haven't seen me in a while. But I've been a regular for years, so it's a little different and I appreciate it. If one of the part-time guys texted me, I'd be angry.

Maybe you could try to friend her on facebook?

Put me down for creepy. It's one of my pet peeves when guys think girls are at the gym to meet men. I just want to work out, not have to keep my guard up. Like MrsHis says, if she had been one of your regulars for a while and stopped showing up, then an email or text wouldn't be so weird, but if she's only been to one class and you've talked maybe 2-3 times? Yeah, I'd find that creepy.

That would be crossing the line for me. Your job is a personal trainer which doesn't entail playing catch up with clients (even though you are interested). Maintain some professionalism.

Ok good advice thanks, hopefully I havent come across as a creepy stalker, like I said it was someone elses idea, and I thought it was a bit much so I asked here for help. Turns out I was right, thanks!

Thanks again,
    Jordan

yeh, if she complained you could lose your job. DPA and all that, really unprofessional.
    HOWEVER, at my gym, if you tell one of the guys that your gonna be hitting one of their classes, and you dont show, you get a courtesy call to try and keep you motivated. could just be a free 'personal trainer' type thing they provide at my gym, but maybe they have the same at yours? if so drop her a line under company regulations and see when shes back ... then 'bump' into her, get talking, be smooooth. lol and get her number?

You didn't come across as a creepy stalker to me. A creepy stalker wouldn't have asked whether that would be creepy. In your position the thought might have popped into my head too. It's the actions we take that make us who we are.