+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My looks turn girls off.

My looks turn girls off.

Hi,
    Well, I haven't had a girlfriend in 6 years now and I'm 20 and at University. There is just something about me that seems to turn women off. I've gone to bars and stuff, but the girls there never seem interested, even when I make the effort. Girls just don't really speak to me in class either. They make an effort with other boys, but I always give me the silent treatment. The opposite sex just don't seem to warm me.
    I've taken action on advice that's been given to me, such as being more confident and more outgoing. I've even gone for the more "larger" women who still turn me down. I've come to the conclusion that it's all down to my looks.
    I'm the one on the right in the brown jacket:
    Last edited by josh44; 25-04-11 at 03:17 AM.

Dude, there is nothing wrong with your looks. It is just that you are 20 years old and haven't found the right girl yet. Stop trying so hard. Confidence is a huge key in dating, but so is not looking desperate. Stop thinking about it. Focus on doing things you like and expand your social group. Girls can sniff out desperation from a mile away. Just relax and be yourself.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Hello there.
    I am a female myself so I may be able to help on this subject. The perfect girl is always someone that isn't self centred. Basically, they should be able to come up to you on a bad day and say you look wonderful! The main thing is to be well groomed. Wash you hair oftened to prevent grease. Also, wash your face with speaical skin care stuff so you skin is prettier. It is horrible for a female to run her hands over a mans body and for it to be oily!
    I would actully say, you are attrative. However I would say it would be good to make a effort all of the time, but you need to find the right style for you. For example, try on different clouths and new hair styles untill you find one you like. Ladies WILL notice change. Getting a new haircut or clouthing style will make the girls notice you - if they like it they will say. And when I say haircut I do not mean 'longer or shorter'. A hairSTYLE is something new and orginal. Have a brose throught magazine untill you have found something you like!
    Just be yourself! Try not to look like you want a girlfriend. Girl will find you desprate. Just don't be afraid and make the laugh and you will have someone in no time.

Also, another tip is to brush you teeth 2-3 times a day. Nothing is more off putting for a girl is a man with nastly teeth and breath. Also, maybe try some lip softing products just to make your lips look more yummy? I mean, if she likes you she will kiss you, but you could do better for her! <3

Best of luck! (: <3

sadie_genie Guest
    I must admit, I chuckled when I saw your photo. What is with the serious face? Relax a bit. : )

You're not bad looking.

I think though, in honesty, the idea that "it comes when you least expect it" is silly. I think basically involve yourself in as much social activity as possible, but not necessarily with any intent to get a date. The more sociable you are and confident you look/feel, the more likely you are to get a date.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I must admit, I chuckled when I saw your photo. What is with the serious face? Relax a bit. : )
    HA! I was trying to replicate a photo of my great, great grandfather. He was an Earl.

sadie_genie Guest
    Phew, so it is joke? Good.

Ok, I will be honest. You will not attract women with your looks. BUT luckily, many women out there don't place a huge emphasis on looks (at least for a long term mate). You should focus on qualities that is most important for a man which is success (education and career), sincere confidence (believe me, we can tell the difference between fake confidence and real confidence), and a sense of humor.

I have a teacher who is short and fat but possesses all those qualities. He was lawyer before and is now a very competent teacher, sincerely confident and has a good sense of humor (he even makes self-depreciating jokes about his shortness). I find him more attractive than many good looking men I see around but he is too old for me. lol.

I think you're averagely attractive. You're not ugly. I think it just has to do with the energy you're projecting, and nothing to do with your looks.

I'm also glad that pose was a joke. LOL. You look like some sort of professor! LOL

Josh.

You look exactly the same as you did when you first posted your pics here months ago asking the same thing. Are you not actually trying to look better?

Why haven't you changed your hair yet? This is always the #1 piece of advice you get.

Do you post these threads for advice on how you can improve? Or do you just want people to tell you you're not ugly some more?

Do you really think that changing hair makes a big difference? Everybody has different preferences for hair so changing it will only make one attractive to some and less attractive to others. Also, is the hair usually important at all to girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    Do you really think that changing hair makes a big difference?
    Yes. Have you seen his current haircut?

Yea, the triangle thing in the front looks weird. Still, I find it strange if that made more than a tiny bit of difference to anyone.

Yea, the triangle thing in the front looks weird. Still, I find it strange if that made more than a tiny bit of difference to anyone.
    The triangle thing?

The part in the front that sticks out and makes a downwards pointing triangular shape to the hairline.

The part in the front that sticks out and makes a downwards pointing triangular shape to the hairline.
    I am the one on the right. Probally my quiff lol. I wish I didn't have that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast