+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused... would this be a prank or would this be for real?

confused... would this be a prank or would this be for real?

So I met a girl on Sunday and we pretty much got a chance to get to know each other a little, we met on a school trip so I just went with the flow and everything...

when we were coming back to school I noticed her body language towards me was different then before so since we were sitting together I told her that she could rest her head on my arms since she was uncomfortable so she did, later on I wrapped my arms around her, and everything was going well.

My phone was dead so I gave her my number and I noticed that her hands were shaking... i guess she was nervous cause it wasn't too cold... she texted me telling me that she wants to hang out with me so I picked a date which was Wednesday night... I told her that I would like to take you out but I don't think your bf would like it, and she told me she has no bf...

and so tonight I receive a text from an unknown number stating that its her bf and that its ok for me to go out with her as friends but not to go far... that I saw you text my gf ext... Idk if this is a prank to evaluate me or if this is real... too me its a prank since she told me that she is not seeing anyone, but right now I'm really confused and if it is true I don't want to be in the friends zone with someone I like... should I proceed or should I move on next? whats your point of view of this?

i'd just ask her what's up. ask her if she has a boyfriend and tell her about the text. If she still says she has no boyfriend, go for it. Screw an anonymous text. If he's a man, he wouldn't do it in secret, he'd tell you like a man. Don't sweat, the truth will soon come to light. BUT if you discover SHE is playing games, get rid of her.

I did ask if she had a bf by asking her out and asking if her bf wont mind... she did tell me she had no bf... and I don't think a new bf would do tht cause if he does he's a tool... so idk i'm gonna let her kno what happened, and Im gonna ask her again... i did not reply to the unknown number tho cause I would mess things up... instead I ignored it...

Yeah, ignore the text. It sounds really fishy, so assume it's a lie/prank/stalker. Go on that date with her and have a great time. Trust her until she gives you a reason not to.

At some point (soon) you should let her know that you got some strange anonymous text from a someone calling himself her boyfriend, though. She needs to know this is happening.