+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have run out of options, need help!

I have run out of options, need help!

Hi All,

I am a 33 year old male graduate student. I like a fellow female graduate student, we both are friends, we don’t meet frequently but when we meet we talk and ask one another about normal things. We are from two different ethnicities.
    I have expressed her how I feel about her, but only in writing. We haven't even gone out together for a coffee or something like that. Additionally, she has been silent and hasn’t acted in any positive or negative manner to my repeated pleas. I am somewhat confused by this action of her.
    I am attracted to this young lady thus I like her and would like to know more about her.
    Recently, I heard that she is a divorcee and about 30 years old, additionally she may think that I am younger than her. Because of our busy schedules as grad student we don’t meet often. Our mutual friends tell me that "be patient" and I am being patient but would like to know what must I do to actually come into terms if this young lady really likes me in hope of starting a serious relationship or just consider me as a friend. How can I convince myself if its one or the other?

Thank You.
    dfc10250

Quote Originally Posted by dfc10250 View Post
    I have expressed her how I feel about her, but only in writing. We haven't even gone out together for a coffee or something like that. Additionally, she has been silent and hasn’t acted in any positive or negative manner to my repeated pleas.
    Base on what you wrote there. I don't think she is interested. If she felt anything for you, she would have responded positively to your pleas. But she went silent hoping you get the hint.

Ask her out for coffee. Do it in person. No more sending letters to friends or casual acquaintances expressing your romantic feelings for them. It's weird.