+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I be worried?

Should I be worried?

I am not quite sure where to post this.

I lost my virginity in February...

For the last 4 months (December, January, February, March) my period has been on a 28 day cycle. This month, with that cycle it would mean my period would come April 22, but it did not. My breasts have been sensitive for about a week now which always happens before my period, I've felt slight cramps, and I've been bloated. It almost seems like my period is coming but I don't know what to think. There's always the possibility of pregnancy but I'm always safe every condom I've used has been used correctly had always been fresh and never broken and semen as far as I've seen always catches in the tip of the condom and hasn't leaked. Earlier this month I was under a lot of stress and was curious if that could have changed my cycle. I'm 18 years old and have only kept track of my cycles since December, is it possible for cycles to change every few months? My period has always seemed to come on time though. Should I be worried? I feel so obsessed about this, I don't think worrying is helping at all.

Sounds like stress. Are you on a different diet or medications? Any difference in sleep/work patterns?

No new medications or differnce in my diet. As for sleep, I've been on spring break for the past week. I've been staying up a few hours later than normal and sleeping in later but it's no different than what I'd do on weekends, I couldn't see that being a huge factor.
    I have had a lot of work this month though. Mostly school related assignments, a few I was worried about. Although, initially what stressed me out the most this month, well it was more towards the very beginning of the month, was that my boyfriend got suspended from school. Long story, but I wasn't sure what happened with him and it really stressed me out. Then when I heard what happened I wasn't happy with the situation so there was a couple week time frame (I'd say from March 29 at least to the first couple weeks of April) where it literally felt like there was a lump in my stomach from all the stress. There was a couple days I didn't eat much, and during that time period I had a few headaches as well from it all.
    I'm just trying to figure out if it is from stress when my period would come :/

This has happened to me before I was over a week late and it was all down to stress, wait a couple of days if it's still not there take a test, when I did I got my period hours after. Mayble you should consider taking the pill also? Better safe than sorry

When I stress my period will start about 3 days late. Stressing about thinking your knocked up will only make it worse. Your swelling and bloating is either your imagination or you PMSing. We've all been there. You can get knocked up if the guy cums in you, condom breaks or the guy cums around your vulva, otherwise it's not likely you're pregnant.

Definitely think about getting on the pill. It will cut back on a lot of this worry.

A lot of women are irregular in their teens, so it could be as simple as that, but if you're also under a lot of stress, that can definitely make you late. We've all done the pregnancy stress-out vicious cycle, and it sucks. Go get a pregnancy test. My best friend and I call them "period starter kits" because 9 times out of 10, you get your period within hours of taking the test. Maybe knowing you aren't pregnant de-stresses you enough to start. Just know in the future, 3 days isn't quite time to worry just yet, I've been a week late and not been pregnant, and I'm usually very regular. It happens. Go get a test.

it's happened to me many times...I'm more regular when not active sexually...it seems having a sexual life modifies my cycle...and I've been in situations many times when I would recognise the signs of pregnancy (tensed breasts, feeling sick, tired and bloated)...but actually there are also the pre-mentrual symptoms

Sometimes I can even be 2-3 weeks late! if you have the money for it and it can make you feel better why not buy a pregnancy test?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I took a test and I'm not pregnant.
    Most likely it's from all the stress or just naturally since I'm young it could just happen, although I'm sure the stress really doesn't help.
    But I talked to my mom, who initially was not happy to hear how I missed my period, but I informed her how especially after all of this I want to take birth control. She said shed make an appointment.

Congrats pill next time

It's great that you talked to your mom about it, took the test, and aren't pregnant. It's even better that you're going on the pill! Do remember it can take 2-3 months to be fully effective.

My period came yesterday, so I'm especially relieved at this point. My mom said the same thing about it taking a couple-few months for the pill to be fully effective. But I would feel so much more comfortable taking it, even if it would take a few months to fully work. In the mean time I'll still of course use condoms, but when the pill would be totally effective I'd have at least both. How does the pill effect your cycle though? Do you still get a period every month just with a much less flow or is it every few months?

I take the pill and it is totally different for everyone mine lasts as long as usual maybe slightly lighter with a few more headaches, but many women take it to ease their cycle so I think I am just one of the unlucky ones. And according to the pill I am taking (Yasmin) you start taking it on the first day of your period and after taking a full month of it you should be pretty safe

Go get a pregnancy test. My best friend and I call them "period starter kits" because 9 times out of 10, you get your period within hours of taking the test.
    This made me laugh because it is so true. Every time I've been late it always seems like that's what triggers it.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

I agree with everyone else above.. sounds like stress to me. just try not to think about it and you will prolly get it in a couple days..if not then you should prolly get a test. and yes it is normal for your period to switch up on you...ive have mine since i was 12 and mine still does this to me once in a while.

and i just saw where you got it so disregard this! thanks haha

So I finally have BC pills. I went to see my doctor earlier this month about it. She told me to start the pill the first day of my period this month, which was yesterday. She said it'd take 2 weeks to work. It really kicks in that fast?
    Last edited by Togoru; 29-06-11 at 02:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast