+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've finally met someone!

I've finally met someone!

Hi guys,

After so many long years trying to date again and meeting jerks whether in real life or on dating websites I've finally met someone I like...someone who makes my heart beat again, someone I admire already and who makes me think all is possible again...trusting, loving and building a future...

For the past few years I've been online dating once in a while with no success...the last date I had was with a 45 year old divorcee before last Xmas...and although he was attractive and we talke for a few hours I felt a few things were amiss so I did not pursue him after the first date...he tried to text me again but I just did not feel comfrtable enough with him to carry on.

There was also a guy my sister knew from school whom I went for a drink with...he confessed to being bipolar under strong medication...he had been married before with an American woman...she got a restraiing order on him when he tried to get her back...

Anyway...my spirits were low and I was getting used to being single...actually I was giving up...

More than a month ago I took some exam and after that I have' been really bored as it took ages to get the written exams results and not I 'm having to wait ages for a definite date to pass some verbal exams...

Anyway too much time on my hands I'm surfing on the dating website, and got interested in a man's profile..his pictures are okay I guess, I can see he is a bit on a chybby side (which I don't mind), he 's not stunning but tall (I like a man to be taller than me...)...but his profile description is so uncomplicated and friendly than I write to him.

Then we chatted 3 times...I forgot to say he is British, and as I was there for a long time I'm more at ease with British men in general than French people or any other nationality...I'm sensitive to the British sense of humour and their laid back approach to life...

So we chatted, laughed, he called me, his voice was incredibly sexy...I need to say that never online or on the phone the conversation took a kinky turn...we were just very happy to find out about each other...

We arranged to meet...and he was really brave because I never sent a picture..and he took a chance on me...driving 1 hour and a half to see me...

We met on Sunday the 17th of this month...and we got on like a house on fire...

I have so many things to say about this meeting for the first time...it was incredible...we spent 12 hours non-stop together...from 11.30 AM to 11.30 in the evening...

We are now talking to each other every day...and we should meet again soon.

It's early days but I 'm so happy with this gift...I don't know what's gonna happen but that day was brillant.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Congratulations I hope it goes well.

Congrats, it must be cool to feel loved again.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm happy for you, sookie! You met him online, huh? How long did it take you to find him there?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm happy for you, sookie! You met him online, huh? How long did it take you to find him there?
    I've been on a dating website since january 2009...I've met 5 guys on there...+ 2 from a non-dating website + 2 randomly through life circumstances...it never led to anywhere apart from frustration and disapointment...

so I could say that out of 10 guys there is one that was very compatible with me...future will tell how it will go...

But I wanted to say to people that looks are important but not so much...I would never have looked twice at S if I'd met him randomly in town or in a club..but the minute we kissed attraction was defnitely there...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Great news! Well done!

Although we're both strangers to one another, as someone who recently found something amazing, I am genuinely thrilled for you. Good Luck!

Wow! Good for you! Same thing happened with me. We met online, chatted a lot for about 2 weeks, and she saw a pic of me and I of her. Then she drove 6 hours to come to my place. We "clicked" on so many levels, the first date was an amazing 4 days long. Literally. Lol.

I'm afraid to say..unfortunately things did not work out..I did not delete this thread..;thought it would teach be good to not expose my hapiness too early in the future...

So it's back to square one for me

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh sookie i'm sorry to hear that
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    I'm afraid to say..unfortunately things did not work out..I did not delete this thread..;thought it would teach be good to not expose my hapiness too early in the future...

You have every right to be happy. Hiding it is criminal, regardless of the eventual outcome.

to be honest I'm giving up...I'm tryiing not to think about all my atempts in the past few years...cos it all seems like a bad joke on me..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sookie, you are smart and articulate. Surely you have attracted men, so I wonder how you weed them out. Are you a tough judge? (I don't get that impression; just curious.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Sookie, you are smart and articulate. Surely you have attracted men, so I wonder how you weed them out. Are you a tough judge? (I don't get that impression; just curious.)
    I agree. I think you have the same problem as me, Sookie, in that you attract more people than you realize but choose badly which you pursue and fall into the bad habit of getting attached just because they're giving you attention. Then you think you'll never find someone when there actually are lots of people that'd love being with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post

just think of it as charity for helping him discover his gayness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast