+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muslim Boyfriend

Muslim Boyfriend

Hi
    My bf is Muslim. He is very sweet and caring. I even love him too. But today while surfing net I saw some sites which said that incest is legal in their religion and even father can have sex with his daughters. After reading this I have totally lost my mind. We both were planning to get married but now I want to give a second thought to this decision because I'm not ready to be part of such a religion. He says that it is not true and on web most of the sites preach wrong things about Quraan(Islamic holy book). He is not ready to leave his religion so what should I do just love him the way I use to do or just back off.

I'm sorry if I might have posted on wrong thread.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aw, jeez. Incest is NOT allowed in Islam. Why would you believe such nonsense?

Incest is not allowed, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It does. It also happens in virtually every other religious group on the planet.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You should be more worried about the way women are treated under Sharia, and how that gets interpreted in some countries. How do you feel about hiding your face whenever in public? Or not being allowed to vote or drive a car in a place like Saudi Arabia. If your boyfriend is a devout Muslim, he will need you to convert to Islam if you're going to get married. In some countries, Muslims aren't allowed to stop being Muslims, under penalty of death. They call it apostasy.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

First of, don't believe everything you read on the Internet...Islam is one religion where there is such distance created between men and wome within the same house that incest is as common s it would be anywhere else..actully probably less but I do'nt have any figures to support my statement

Now, your real issue is to think about all the sacrifices you'll make under this religion...you personal freedom will be affected as well as that of your daughter if you have one...also a Muslim family is always much more present than in any other religion...your partner will very often give their thoughts and opinions priority over yours...

Mixed culture marriages do work but you need to be aware of many things before you commit....If I were in your shoes I would live with the gent for a couple years without having kids to see how things go...

But that's just me and you probably won't because you're in love and therefore ...blind and deaf.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I have never heard of such a thing within Islam. Incest can happen within any religion.

Depending on what, I guess the word for it would be Denomination of Islam your boyfriend is in, there are different interpretations of Sharia Law. Just like with any other religion, you have to take the time and think, is this for ME and not just go along with it because the person you're in love with, is in it.

The stipulations concerning women in Islam, mostly comes from cultural. It is not apart of what Islam is about. Why do you think there are so many faces to Islam?
    Just like it's a cultural thing for some Christians to believe that a woman should never wear pants, or cut her hair. Yet, soooo many women do it!

His Family lives in Saudi Arabia and they know about me. Few days back his parents asked my bf whether I'll change my religion after marriage. My bf is a cool guy and asked me instead of insisting. After I denied his reply was "Never let religion come between us, Whether you want to change your religion or not it's your wish". He also said the same think that most of the internet sites are crappy so its better to read Quran or some authenticated sites to know more about the religion.
    I have full confidence in him but just confused whether I should move into different world just because I love him.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewy View Post
    I have full confidence in him but just confused whether I should move into different world just because I love him.
    Not Saudi Arabia. Turkey or Jordan, maybe, but not Saudi Arabia.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Not Saudi Arabia. Turkey or Jordan, maybe, but not Saudi Arabia.
    Yup. There are some dangerous countries out there. You don't want any part of that.

There's no incest allowed in Islam. You should not try to change him out of his religion - its highly unlikely he will convert for you. You should try picking up the Quran and read it before you decide if you still want to be with him or not.

Don't you hate the internet? you can find all sort of stuff to freak you out. It's so easy to fall victim to such things. But what you learned is not true. Your BF obviously doesn't believe that either so you don't have to ever worry about him doing that or supporting anyone who does. Look the same way you find all sort of bad believes with the Christean religion you can find with the Muslim, or any type of religion for that matter. For instance there are those "white pride" type Christeans. Does that mean it's a regular belief in the Christean community?...Umm, no. In fact its' frowned upon by most. Keep in mind also that it might have been made up completely by some ignorant person who has the wrong idea about Muslims. These people are hateful and should be ignored.

You have nothing to worry about, go about your relationship as before. Good luck!

it is not tolerated in Islam but the fact is, it has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the person.

first, talk with your boyfriend about it. if you trust him, believe what he will say.

do you have a religion? why can't he convert to yours??? (not trying to start crap, but it always seems like the female has to change their life for the man).

also, as far as children go.... well i have muslim friends, and the girls did not have a happy childhood, when their brothers could do whatever the hell they wanted. think about how you want your children to live if you have babies with him.

EDIT: my friend got a 97 out of a 100 to get into uni, but her father would not allow her to do law, or anything that would get her a 'professional' job. that's for the boys. she ended up doing art instead
    Last edited by blinki; 29-04-11 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks to all of you.
    Well we don't have any plans of moving to Saudi Arabia. As we work over here and we have our own families here so there is no chance that we'll move to Saudi Arabia but yeah if I got married for some time I have to go to Saudi Arabia to visit his family that may be around 1 month.
    May be you people are right I should start reading Quran to get more clear about the Muslim religion.

yes this is the right way, you just read quran u can clear any think about Islam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast