+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Want him back more than anything, is there any hope?

Want him back more than anything, is there any hope?

me and my boyfriend had been together for over a year, we are both only 17 but it was so amazing and i believe we both were truelly in love, we were inseperable and shared a proper connection. so i was devestated when he ended it on the accounts of him getting scared about the long termness and the future, but he claimed to love me all the same. the next three months was a massive roller coaster, at the start we met up he still loved me and in the end we decided to 'take it slow' again. after a month of that he decided he was backing out for good as he was messing me around but still would say i was the one and in the future it would happen. we had a big argument at a party soon after that and after on the phone he was so angry and claimed he didnt love me anymore and wanted to talk to me again, but then after two weeks he was texting saying he missed me and has always loved me and always will and 'although im not ready yet, i know you are the girl i wanna be with and marry i promise you i just cant mess you around.' so i dealt with this and was happy to know he still felt like that. thenn i heard nothing for a while so asked what was up, he said nothingggg its just we shouldnt be talking all the time (after 5 days of him texting me first) it went quiet and a bit cold for two weeks then i suggested to see him as friends, that was when he told me he didnt love me want to see me or talk to me again. i was so upset and then, at a party last weekend we saw eachother but didnt go near eachother and barely looked. but he told all my friends he has lost ALL feelings for me, and nothing will ever happen in the future?! there arent other girls involved and hes quiet a reserved boy but i just dont understand that if he did truelly love me how ALL his feelings can go and he could just shut me off? is it just because he feels like he has to now as its gone on enough? is there any hope of something happeneing in the future even though he claims it wont? its just after all we had, i kind of cant think its impossible?

PLEASE IF YOU CAN TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS AND HELP ME OUT IT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP

Hun, all I can say is that most boys of 17 are dickheads. They're young and stupid and don't know what they want. He obviously missed you after he broke up with you, and by messing with you and keeping you close he got the time to get over you whilst still relying on you whenever he needed you. It's mean, but it's true. The best thing you can do now is nothing at all. Don't give him what he want, just back off and let him feel what he's missing. Nothing pisses a person off more than seeing you happy and not giving a shit about the fact he hurt you. Just pretend you don't care. If he is your first boyfriend, then it will be hard to get over it but it will happen and you'll be happier. You just have to try to not let him sneak into your life and mess you up. Be strong and be hard to get, just ignore him for a couple of weeks and if he wants you back, he'll let you know and you can decide what you want to do. If he doesn't come back, he's not worth your effort. I know it's easier said than done, but trust me it's the best thing you can do. Good luck
    Last edited by thebirdssing; 27-04-11 at 02:51 AM.

Listen to what people are telling you, I cant quite fit in with guys my age I go for a bit older than 17 cuz I am 17 too. Yeah, guys take alot longer to mature, you definitely haven't found the one, you dont want a guy like him anyway - messing you around and everything. He sounds very immature and very confused and I think you should just accept it and stop chasing him, search on or take a break and sort yourself out. Yeah you guys might have had something but my dear, you may find you have something with every guy you are with for at least a year. He's being silly and he doesn't know what he wants and I dont blame a guy of his age, don't beat yourself up maybe he just didn't want that relationship anymore, sadly feelings can change, I feel bad for not being able to love the guy I was madly in love with for a year or so again. We're young and we make mistakes, just pick up your broken pieces and dwell somewhere else.

Sapphire x

seeing as how i was 17 not all that long ago this dude sounds real immature, he* has no idea what he really wants. be glad it was only a year wasted and learn from this, it will make you stronger and smarter in the future.