+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys hitting on my girl?

Guys hitting on my girl?

Hey guys, I'm in highschool and the girl I'm talking about has been my best friend since 8th grade and we've been together albeit not going out or anything bad and such. However, in freshman year 6 guys asked her out, in which she promptly rejected all of them. This year two upperclassmen guys have started hitting on her. One of them has already moved on and he's a cool guy that I accept and I feel ok with her talking to him completely. The other guy says he no longer likes my girl, but he used to. That was back in Feb of 2011, and since then he's given her things like expensive chocolates and such. I really don't know how to react, I know my girl likes me too but I feel anger towards the guy that gives her gifts as I feel that he's still interested in her. She's definitely not one who likes attention, she avoids being the center of attention like the plague.

Just to add some more, I'm not overall worried about this guy that gives her candy and such. He seems like an overall nice and pleasant guy that wouldn't hurt her. However, there's another guy in our grade that continues to touch her nearly everyday and everyday she tells him to stop and he stops for hte day, but the next day he'll touch her again. It's nothing serious, but he rubs her arm and it's really really weird. I already told him to F*** off and he seemed to get the message for a while, but he started again. Once again, she's told me "it's not worth it" to get into a fight with him. She doesn't like being toucehd for sure and even I'm barely allowed to touch her, maybe a hand hold or put my arm around her. It's also really weird, during class he'll stare at her and it's just strange. Today he told her to change seats in history class so she can sit next to him and she told him "no" and he asked "why not?". She said "cause you hate me" and he replied "no, you hate me" and later I'm so confused she said soemthing about how he hates me which he does and he replied "no" and she said "plus, it's all guys at your table and it'll be super awkward" and he said "no, I won't make it akward". Now, I'm not in this class but my girl told me all of this afterschool so I know I can trust her becasue she's open about what happens. However, I'm extremely angry towards this guy and I've already told some of my friends about it and I know if I were to get into a fight with him I'd have at least 20 guys and girls with me. He's practically the school creeper, he used to date the "hottest" girl in our school but he cheated on her and now noone likes him. He hits on at least 2 or 3 girls at a time, switching off every once in a while.

I really don't know how to react

Sorry the dialogue is messy, my head is spinning right now, whenever I'm angry at this guy it makes me so confused and blurry.

I guess one more necessary thing to add is that we spend every break/inbetween class 5 minute breaks together so I'm quite sure everyone and their mom knows that we like each other.
    Last edited by dddddddd; 27-04-11 at 07:09 AM.

Anyone want to help me?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Support her. Listen to her, talk her through it.

Guys are going to hit on beautiful women. You're not going to stop it. Trying to do it will ruin your relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Support her. Listen to her, talk her through it.

Guys are going to hit on beautiful women. You're not going to stop it. Trying to do it will ruin your relationship.
    This. She's not "your" girl; she's a girl that's dating you. The difference is you have no right to control her actions and you can only support/defend her when she wants it and if her behavior bothers you, it's your problem.

i would knock the other guy out. not good advice, but it sounds like he needs to taught (as opposed to told) how to keep a distance. what a creep.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    This. She's not "your" girl; she's a girl that's dating you. The difference is you have no right to control her actions and you can only support/defend her when she wants it and if her behavior bothers you, it's your problem.
    Yea, I get that. Thanks wasabi.

Blinki, I really want to but I think I'll let some other guy do the deed. It'd be one heck of a view though and I can't wait until it happens.

Oh, I never call her "my girl" haha just a little cloudy minded yesterday, I know she's not "mine"
    Last edited by dddddddd; 28-04-11 at 08:49 AM.

One that your girlfriend could try is loudly objecting to this guy touching her. In a school setting, I'm pretty sure that a nearby teacher will intercede, and this guy will also start to get some peer pressure to knock the creepiness off. If all else fails, kick his ass.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Please don't listen to anyone telling you to kick his ass. In a school setting, that is completely inappropriate. This creep is not worth being kicked out of school. And girls don't really like when you literally fight for their honor. Especially when they asked you not to. She can probably handle the situation on her own and would just like you for some emotional support.

Now, you keep calling her my girl, but she's not. Why not make her your girl. Ask her out. Maybe that would keep people away? Maybe I missed it but is there a reason you haven't asked her out since it's "obvious" you guys like each other?