+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Typical men's problem

Typical men's problem

I'm 26 (soon 27). There are 3 girls: M (19), N (21) and her sister S (24)

Basicly: M likes me very much, she's nice but somewhat immature, I don't want to despise her....
    The Problem: I really love N, but she doesn't like me, she used to, but changed her mind, I never found out why.
    Next Problem: S likes me, and I somewhat like her, but dating her means coming into regular contact with her sister...

Usually I don't have such problems but now am unsure as to what to do. When I was younger emotions would to the choice for me, now I think, am over-rational. How to figure out which one is best for a long-term relationship??

I'll post additional info if requested, for now keeping a short post. Thank you.
    Last edited by simonk; 27-04-11 at 11:55 AM.

Dating S actually might get you back in with N, sisters can be very competitive when it comes to men. I know one younger sister who dated a guy simply because her older sister wanted but couldn't get him. Really though, it would open up an endless can of drama. When it comes to purely long term potential, M is the way to go.

None of the above. The 19 yo is, well, 19, and the rest, as stated will bring drama.

I agree with Spring Haze. Try your best to avoid unnecessary drama. There has to be more than 3 young women where you are located. Try expanding your social network and meet some new girls.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I understand, you're all probably right, but just to explain the situation further:

M is 19, we've known each other for a year. She's a great personality, just not 100% mature yet, except for one part: She loves kids and dreams of having her own in the coming years, which is probably why she's into older men. Such a concept makes me uneasy but she definetively has potential. Another problem with M: after she broke up with her ex (23), the guy kept stalking her for another 6 months before giving up (yes he's a 23 year old moron) which frightened her. So right now I can't "check her out" or get too close then zone her out, as it would break her heart, make her unstable or worse. What I'm trying to say is I have to be 100% sure Yay or Nay before dating her.

The problem is I'm totally in love with N, she's too good to be true, 6 ft tall (I'm 6'3), 21 years old and studies Microbiology (I'm a bachelor of Pharmacy). I have known her for the past 2 years. We used to talk all day, about anything as we have that much in common. When together people would complement how fitting we are, a lot, probably too often and it was beginning to pressure her. The main problem with N is she's the most immature of the three, for now. I'm modest and fair, she doesn't respect that, which will change as she gets older but it may be too late by then. As feared she got involved with someone else her age and I had no choice but a diplomatic retreat. Puting on a fair face I wished her luck and we "became friends". The truth is I was so torn inside I almost threw up. Yes I'm 26 with a crush on this girl and heartbroken. Haven't felt like this since 16, but am wise enough to know it can't be helped. She may end up going M's route and come back, but I'm 95% sure that won't be the case. Getting over her won't be easy.

Next problem: During my time with N, I re-met her sister S (24). S and I went to the same high school and were good friends, as she had a boyfriend and I a girlfriend back then we never gave it much thought. Things have changed since and now we're both single. S is the most mature, maybe even too mature, she knows exactly what to want in a man, and a pro in bending them to her will. She works in the fashion industry (not my thing) and most of my friends would droll over her (yes, she's good looking), I'm one of the few who prefers her sister. And that's the problem, I would like to date S, but wan't to avoid a fiasco with N, both will eventually get the wrong idea.

So what now? There are other girls but would like to get this sorted before moving on. I consider it responsible.
    PS. Apologies for the long post.
    Last edited by simonk; 28-04-11 at 07:16 AM.

Upon reading your more detailed explanation of the three girls in question, I will now offer my advice:

I agree with Spring Haze. Try your best to avoid unnecessary drama. There has to be more than 3 young women where you are located. Try expanding your social network and meet some new girls.

Good luck.
    Hey, that sounds exactly like what I said before! Fancy that!

M, N, and S all seem like nice girls, but why don't you shoot for one of the other 23 letters of the alphabet.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    None. Find a different girl.