+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does she talk like that?

Why does she talk like that?

Okay, so I'm talking to this girl right now and she talks in a way that I've noticed girls do before, and always wondered why they do it.

She talks like a guy! She'll be flirty at times, but at other times she'll do things like call me "dude", she'll say things like "hit me up", and she curses like no other.

My basic question is.. Do girls talk like this on purpose to show a guy that they're not interested in him in a romantic way, or is this just how some girls talk? I don't know it just seems so weird that she talks like this.

As far as how I act around her goes, I'm very friendly and I try to treat her very nicely when I'm around her. I joke with her, make her laugh, etc. We've been in the same class the past semester (that's where I met her), and she seems to be a very busy girl. She's constantly busy and the only way we could hangout outside of class was when it was school related. I'm friends with one of her friends, and she described her as "scatter-brained", so maybe she does things without realizing she's doing them, or maybe she's not picking up on what I'm laying down. I could use some advice, thanks!

-shrugs-

She's probably just being casual. Some girls talk like this, just like some guys talk like girls (I have a good male friend who calls me "girl").

However, it seems like you are having two separate issues here. You don't know if she likes you, and she talks like a man. The second issue shouldn't really be of great concern if you like her. But it sounds to me like she is just not that into you. A girl who is that "busy" is not going out of her way to hang out with you. It could mean you didn't ask enough, or she is really not attracted to you. I would do what you can to try and get a better feel for it and get her to do something outside of class.

Shes probably trying to sound cool and like a badass with some edge. Some girls who have a lot of male friends also pick up their talk ive noticed.

How they talk isn't really an issue. My gf still calls me "man" and "dude", and I friggen hate it. When she picks up the phone she often answers "Whats up man?". I'm not one of her buddies!

So its probably just the way she talks, I wouldn't read into it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by elutz22 View Post
    Okay, so I'm talking to this girl right now and she talks in a way that I've noticed girls do before, and always wondered why they do it.

She talks like a guy! She'll be flirty at times, but at other times she'll do things like call me "dude", she'll say things like "hit me up", and she curses like no other.

My basic question is.. Do girls talk like this on purpose to show a guy that they're not interested in him in a romantic way, or is this just how some girls talk? I don't know it just seems so weird that she talks like this.

As far as how I act around her goes, I'm very friendly and I try to treat her very nicely when I'm around her. I joke with her, make her laugh, etc. We've been in the same class the past semester (that's where I met her), and she seems to be a very busy girl. She's constantly busy and the only way we could hangout outside of class was when it was school related. I'm friends with one of her friends, and she described her as "scatter-brained", so maybe she does things without realizing she's doing them, or maybe she's not picking up on what I'm laying down. I could use some advice, thanks!
    I think the real issue is she's not into you. Occasionally flirty doesn't mean anything and the rest of it sounds like pretty normal casual friend behavior. And frankly, if the way she talks bothers you.. it's probably for the best. Just be friends with her.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some girls just talk like this. I do. I swear like a sailor, and call people "dude" all the time. I'm proper when I have to be around my friends is not when I have to be so you get the real me, which is miss.sailor.mouth girl68.

Yeah....the girl I'm dating called me homey the other night. I'm not your homey!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I got lots of "homies" too haha.

I get called "Mon" sometimes, I'm not Jamaican!

The way that she talks is most likely a learned behavior that she has adopted to either fit into a particular group and/or portray a certain image. If she has a lot of guy friends, she may simply be trying to fit in.

And I agree that it sounds like you are friend-zoned. It doesn't sound like she is that into you. And honestly, you don't sound too too interested in her. Otherwise, you would not already be thinking about the way she talks.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by cerby View Post
    my gf still calls me "man" and "dude", and i friggen hate it. When she picks up the phone she often answers "whats up man?".
    hahahahaha

Next time she says "hit me up" , look down at her ass and say "I'll hit that any day". *smirk*

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Some girls just talk like this. I do. I swear like a sailor, and call people "dude" all the time. I'm proper when I have to be around my friends is not when I have to be so you get the real me, which is miss.sailor.mouth girl68.
    Have you ever thought about changing your nick to girl69?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, 68 is my hockey number

She's not talking like a guy, she's talking like herself. Why can't girls say "dude" or "hit me up"? Why can't girls curse? In general, people talk like their friends, not because they're trying to fit in, but because they spend most of their time with those people, so naturally they all have similar communication styles. I don't think she's trying to indicate that she's not interested in you, that's just the way she talks. You're reading too much into it. And why shouldn't she act casual and friendly toward you, if you haven't made a move yet? Do you expect her to call you sweetheart/baby/darling? That would be pretty weird, wouldn't it? Honestly, I don't know how being friendly and casual could possibly be a sign that she's not interested in you. Not all girls are blatant flirts, it doesn't necessarily mean they're not interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast