+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: old photos bumming me out

old photos bumming me out

hey forum friends.

I recently got back on facebook after a three month break.

I've been trying to clean up my photos on there but it's kinda bumming me out. I have tons of photos from trips and parties with my ex and I. Some of them are pretty neutral... but others just hurt to see especially when we aren't even friends.

I don't want to completely wipe everything like it never happened because despite the end it was a fun journey. But at the same time I don't want those things to hold me back when they aren't what the present is now.

Is there a happy medium of photos to keep and photos to discard?
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

just put them in a box and stow them away.. you will eventually either throw them out or be able to look at them without them bothering you...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    just put them in a box and stow them away.. you will eventually either throw them out or be able to look at them without them bothering you...
    That's what I always did...only I just forget about them till I start another relationship and just end up tossing them...if I can remember where I left them of course. It's a pretty good idea anyway.

I've done that in the past but what about as far as facebook is concerned. Do you delete them all? Untag them?

Like I said... the relationship happened and it seems unhealthy to wipe out a year and a half of things. If I was a prospective mate I'd wonder what the hell happened from 2009 to 2010.

I tried last night in my profile picture folder. I saved a couple I didn't have to store away on the computer and then deleted them, but you have to go thru them one by one.

What does everyone else do as far as with facebook?
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Maybe you should go through them one by one...but when you're in a better mode. And you don't have to through them all right now, just bits at a time. Each time afterwords, when you're feeling down, go treat yourself to some coco or ice-cream, maybe dress up and go to a movie or a club and flirt with the guys there to lift your spirits again. Just do what you got to to get your mind off it. Then come back and save some more to a folder a week later when you're ready and repeat the proses until they are all stored away into a folder on the computer (make sure you have a backup in case you need your hard-drive wiped do to a virus or something). Eventually you'll be excited about the days you move them over because you know you'll have something fun planned for yourself afterwords. You're a interesting person with a life of your own and you should feel that way.

u can remove them without actually deleting them on facebook.. or deactivate your account that way you wont be tempted to look at them

How do you remove them? I deactivated for three months and I'm ready to be back on but wondering about the photos.

If you want to, just save them onto a folder in your computer by taking a print screen of them. That's a software that takes a picture of whatever you select on the screen of your monitor. Then delete the pictures from your facebook. If you don't want to run into the folder just put it in an old unused thumb-drive or a disc marked with an X. The software is for free...I use Gadwin PrintScreen, here's a site you can try:

[url=http://download.cnet.com/Gadwin-PrintScreen/3000-2094_4-10123018.html]Gadwin PrintScreen - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/url]

After downloading you should be able to take pictures by using the button marked 'Print Scrn'

you can download photos directly from facebook. No need for a screen print.

I guess my questions is do you remove them all? Like some picture ellict no reaction... like "Here we are standing in front of Blah" but then some are like... "Here's us cuddle up on the couch..." and those are sad.

Is it best to erase all of them and be done with it or it's it cool to keep up ones that ellict no response?

why would you keep them up? i dont see what you gain from that.. remove them from your life... and start with the pictures

because some of the pictures are of very important events.

for example. One of the albums we took a trip to Malaysia. That was a life changing experience and some cool photos that we just happened to both be in. We also split the photos so if I take them down... there's half a trip he can't look back at or show people. Or the time I finally got to see my favorite band at Summerfest for the first time. I want to show I did that cool thing even though he was there with me.

I don't want to just pretend like that stuff didn't happen.

And I'm not begrudging to my ex right now... we're just... not anything... not enemies, not lovers, not friends. I'm neutral to him so I think neutral photos should be ok right?

thats up to you.. can you handle it?

well damn it now i had to think about lol.

I cleaned up the profile pictures which was the worst. I'll leave the rest for another day and see how it feels.

When you're actively trying to determine which photos ellicit a reaction they all seem to. I think I'm more concerned with if I accidently stumble upon it from one thing or another and it's makes your heart skip that beat you know?

right but its only for a minute or two.. it will get easier i promise

mate my advice is keep them, maybe not on facebook, like put them on a disc or something. u might regret deleting them one day, especially if there important memories etc. itll be nice one day, when your in a better place and over it, theyll be good to look back on. but for now defo get rid of them in some way or form, even if its only putting them on disc and stashing them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast