+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unsure about this girl's feelings/intentions

Unsure about this girl's feelings/intentions

Ahem... sorry for the long post. Ya know.....

A few months ago I broke up a long term relationship of three years, and after a time of dating, getting used to it again, I feel I'm ready to really try and find something meaningful again. I met this girl though OkCupid, who actually ended up living two blocks away from me.

Now, I'm not good at dating, reading the situation at all- but I'm fairly certain we had a good first encounter. She seemed to want to talk a lot, be enthusiastic, really engage with me face to face in a genuine way. And I really liked her from the get-go, I think she's very attractive, very smart, hip, and has a sort of eccentric side that I definitely relate to, being an art school grad/hipster kid in the city. She mentioned twice how she was "totally free this weekend" if I wanted to get together. I took that as a real green light.

So I call her, take her to an art opening that weekend. When we went back to her place, she asked me to come in, said "I'll probably fall asleep on you, I'm so tired", which she did as we were watching tv, almost immediately as soon as we sat on the couch. I thought this was a little odd, but sweet, and showed possible interest. Eventually I had to leave, I kissed her on the way out... which was awkward and alright at best.

After that I was getting pretty into her, I texted her the next day saying I had a good time, and then called her two days later. She seemed really distant and awkward on the phone. I asked her if she wanted to get together again during the week, she said she was busy until the weekend, when she could do something Sat. I called her thursday, she didn't answer or return my call. I wait.... she texts me Tuesday of the following week apologizing, "she just got my message now for some reason". I guess that's plausible, so I call her, and she suggests we meet again, I invite her to a fair in our neighborhood. We go, she seems kind of unhappy, but still enthusiastic enough, but eventually excuses herself saying she's not feeling well with a kiss on the cheek, and says to meet during the week.

So I call her and we meet during the week at her house and have dinner. I'm thinking.... I better test the waters here and try some physical contact or I'm going to be very confused. The opportunity doesn't exactly present itself till I need to go, so I really go in for a good kiss.... which lasts a split second and I pull away to her looking a little uneasy, and I leave right away feeling almost angry.

I don't get this? I really don't think I'm being too aggressive here, we've been on 4ish dates. Is it possible she's just trying to take it REALLY slow.... because to me it seems like she's not into me or something, also because of her seeming moodiness. It's confusing though because she DOES initiate physical contact, touching on the couch and so on, and she is enthusiastic and offers suggestions about when and where to meet etc. I'm confused, because I like her a lot otherwise. I'm a pretty good-looking guy, I'm kind of awkward, but I seem to get good responses from women in general.

So I'm wondering, because I actually like this girl which is rare, whether I should continue with her. I haven't contacted her for three days and I want to, but I REALLY don't want to be in a situation where I'm being either led on, or used for the company and ego-boost. As much as I like her, she does seem a little full of herself, and a little spoiled. I don't want to set myself up for major disappointment.

No one here can read her mind for you so there is no telling what's going on with her. If it's starting to suck this early in the game, then it's time to jump ship.....in other words stop wasting your time over this and keep looking....s hit you have only been out of a committed relationship for only a few months....why not give single life a chance for about at least 6 to 8 months. I think you just miss being in a relationship, that is why you are hanging onto this, when you shouldn't be.