+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Would You Say Back To This Woman?

What Would You Say Back To This Woman?

I volunteer at an animal shelter, about a month now.
    Today they needed a volunteer desperately, so I drove 20 minutes out of my way to make it.
    I cleaned up all of the dog cages, fed all of the dogs, and walked 3 dogs. A total of 3 hours.
    Only one man was walking them. The volunteer coordinater came 2 hours later, and she did no menial labor just chitchatted and filled out some forms.

One of the dogs has a skin condition and takes medication. The person in charge of her, the coordinator (I'm assuming), came in late and did not get to take care of the dog's needs. So I cleaned out the dog's cage, put her in the play pen, gave her water and a bit of her special food. It was already very late and none of the other dogs were fed.

Then comes the woman in charge of 'her' dog and yells at me, "Why did you feed her?! I told you not to feed her! Go away!" Note: The woman told me not to feed the dog 30 minutes after I had fed the dog. The food was out in the open, enough time for the woman to see it laying there.

There were no special instructions as to feeding on the dog's paper work.

I did not say anything and left.

My boyfriend said I should have straightened her out, i.e., "Listen,[name], seems like you weren't very concerned with cleaning this dog's pooped up cage, or taking her out for a walk, or feeding her, as it's already 8 at night. You should be grateful that I came in when nobody else came."

What would you have done? Just let it go? Answer back?

Laugh and walk out. Life is too short to worry about what others do and think.

Yeah let it go. She was just havin g a bad day/ someone died/ BF dumped her/pet died or She just has a social disorder. It dosent mean you have to go down to her level. You are a sweetie. Stay that way. breathe when ppl talk to you like that, smile and say " just doing what i thought was the right thing"

people......... can't live with them can't shoot 'em

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I probably would have said something along the lines of "well, you get what you pay for, and if you want things done your way, try to show up on time".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I probably would have said something along the lines of "well, you get what you pay for, and if you want things done your way, try to show up on time".
    Thanks. Yeah, it's dead to me at this point.