+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This really sucks =/

This really sucks =/

Hey Everyone Hope someone can shine just a small ray of hope here =)

Ok here's the sob story

I just turned 18 and have never had a serious relationship =/ I get told by so many people that i'm a good looking guy and there are many girls that would want to be with me (I quote a family friend there < ). For some reason I just don't seem to believe it and lack confidence in this area... my friends say the same and that i'm funny and outgoing and sometimes cheeky xD lol...

People always say "why have you never had a GF" and i always reply with the usual "i'm just sailing steady solo at the moment" or the "Lone wolf" story which is partially true, but, the real reason is... the fact that I take a liking to a girl (or at present, 2 have caught my eye), but the problem is, they are a couple of years below me =/ (Im the lower end of my year (year 13)).

Of course its just infactuation as I dont really know her, but I can never stop thinking about her, and she's leaving at the end of this year and not staying at our 6th form and I "might" be off to Uni, unless I stay to do the optional 3rd year for Music tech (I play the guitar ), and this has been really getting me down hearted as this always happens to me =(, its not like I dont want or cant get a GF, its just I always fall for ones I cant have =(

So this is my story, in a nut shell, I just hope someone else with similar experiences can offer some advice here.

Thanks for reading, means alot! =)

Love, Hugs and kisses xx

Maybe you're not ready for one yet, at 18 you're still maturing and it shouldn't be that confusing for you. When you meet someone worthy then you'll know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYidPrincess View Post
    Maybe you're not ready for one yet, at 18 you're still maturing and it shouldn't be that confusing for you. When you meet someone worthy then you'll know about it.
    I don't think its that tbh, I'm just fed up of the vicious circle i'm in:

Girls who fancy me I dont fancy back > girls who i fancy either havent a clue who I am or dont return it back =/

dude i didnt have a serious girlfriend until i was 25.. and im good looking, smart, funny, and tall.. dont sweat it

Its not so much that DarkHelmet its the fact I like this girl and she has no idea I exist =(

Arcane: read the new thread that your post inspired me to start ("Why I don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend") and laugh it off...

Romance usually happens when you are not looking for it (or not even thinking about it) in the most unlikely places and with the most unlikely persons...

Maybe if you talk to her, she'll realize that you exist. Perhaps the reason you've never had a girlfriend is because you've never approached a girl you like?

I read it a good way of looking at this area I think xD

And yeah, that definatley true, but at the moment I'm stuck in this sticky situation desperatley gasping for air =/

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyZ View Post
    Maybe if you talk to her, she'll realize that you exist. Perhaps the reason you've never had a girlfriend is because you've never approached a girl you like?
    This is partially true, but the reason I never approach them is because I never really know them very well, so would come across as a bit creepy =P

How do you think people get to know each other? They approach each other. If you come of as creepy you're doing it wrong or she's not right for you. But some stories for you to help you feel a bit better, since my advice would be to wait until you meet the woman you have no choice but to talk to because not doing so would make you implode. (sure you won't actually implode but you'll feel that way. You'll even know what to say when the time comes)

My fiance and I got together when he was 23. Before me he had only had one girlfriend. They lasted a year. When he got together with me he used to say he had 'traded up'. We've now been together for 5.5 weeks off 8 years. Not only do we think we were made for each other but we've had plenty of other people tell us too. And for the record, I made the first move. So did his ex. He has never had to learn how to. (which is great for him, since he went to an all boys school, and great for me because I can be stupidly insecure at times and knowing he doesn't know how or when to make a move - he can't even tell when he's being flirted with - I know there is a lot less chance of him drunkenly cheating on me. :p )

If you have issues initiating converstaions, may I suggest a part time job in customer service for a little while? Preferably in hospitality because it's fun and the customers are nice in hospitality than retail. I used to not be able to do small talk at all and now I'll strike up conversations with strangers out of boredom. It helps a lot. Oh and as a general rule, people like to be spoken to, even by strangers. Rnadom conversations can brighten otherwise dull days.

Thanks for your post MaidenMins,

its not that i'm no good at starting a conversation its just I never get the chance to, if that makes sense??

university is where it happens for most people mate (at least in the UK) - you will be surrounded by many females that share similar interests as you. It also gets easier with age.

Don't worry too much about it, seriously. It will come in its own time - it always does. Enjoy the ride in the mean time, perhaps join a gym, get some exercise it will cheer you up and help you with your studies too - and get to like yourself more - that will make others to like you even more.
    Last edited by Nicholas_V; 05-05-11 at 02:51 AM.

It is a numbers game for you at the moment. You are 18 years old and your social circle is limited. Expansion into your early 20s opens up a large number of social outlets and activities where you will meet more women. University is the best example of this. Just don't stress over it, continue to make yourself happy, and soon you will wonder why you were ever doubting yourself.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Ok so today found outs she's with soomeone... gutted =(

anyadvice here would be greatly appreciated =/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast