+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this cheating?

is this cheating?

been with my girlfriend for 4 years...im 22 years old and shes alittle older. we both love each other very much, but i havent been helping out with the bills due to job problems, so thats where the problem starts...she got a job outta town which i should of have to but didnt( just have to wait little bit of time)..so while talkin on the phone all the time we would always argue about what im not doing, and shes in the right..but one day i broke up with her because i didnt wanna keep making her mad and have to deal with my stuff ( but i really didnt mean that, weve went throught this before, and everything just worked out after a few days)...next day i tryed getting back together and she is staying with the brake up... so for the next few weeks we would talk and be happy with each other but she would still say were broken up, but in my heart for sure i know well be back together, shes just trying to teach me a lesson which is working............so at the same time this is all happening, theres a coworker who wants to hook up ( no dating just for fun)... ive only been with my girlfriend and my girlfriends had a boyfriend before ( which i met before we hooked up) so in my heart i feel i shouldnt do anything, but the other side is telling me that were broken up (for right now), so should i use this as an excuse to get with this coworker? i am lonely, im young and only been with one girl, you should understand my needs as a young american male..never would i cheat on my lady if were together, but is this ok since were broken up?? ( even if we were to get back together) i just dont want this experience with another girl to pass by... cuz if we get back together, i swear i wouldnt even think about cheating.... whatcha guys think? thanks!

It sounds like your girlfriend is more mature and developed, and is looking for you to fulfill a job you can't fill right now.

If you want to get back with her, don't see your coworker.

Personally, 4 years for a 22 year old is a long time, and you two will be developing far too much in the next 5 years to make a relationship probable. I say experience the world outside.