+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Wedding, I want to Dance at...

A Wedding, I want to Dance at...

B) Alight so there's a Wedding coming up for Saturday.
    I hate going to weddings because I get hit on by... drunk guys? Yes that's right, I hate weddings because some fellows who are drunk at the dinner party end up hitting on a guy like me, What The Hell?

In truth, that is true, because usually I go Alone and usually there's no one else to go with me to the wedding and I end up standing alone. Thankgod one of my best friends also got invited to this as well as many others.

SO THIS IS THE ONE WEDDING I WANT TO GO TO AND ALSO WORRY I MAY CHANGE MY MIND BECAUSE I KEEP ASKING MYSELF TOO MANY QUESTIONS.
    Any tips, advice, opinions... Much Appreciated. As my ex told me before she was my ex, we cannot let people think of me as a joke, I need to show I'm a respectable person.

Anyway my ex-girlfriend is going to be there 100%, because it's her brother who's getting married. Originally we both planned to go together before the breakup. No one knew we both were having a relationship because we kept it a secret. And we agreed if anyone found out, it would be at the wedding since it would be rather hard to hide any hand holding and constantly being together and the dancing. Now that she's my ex for just over 1 month, it doesn't really matter.

Now some people know I was in a relationship with someone, and those that I've been talking to know that she'll be at the wedding, just that they don't know who it is.
    What also some people have suggested is that because I was so looking forward to dancing, to go ahead and ask my ex if she wants to dance.
    She may say yes, she may say no.
    If she says no, then I should go and ask someone else if they would like to dance. I'm hoping that this one girl I was set up with once won't mind dancing with me, since we both agreed we're not interested in each other. They both know each other and my ex knows I was set up with her once before.
    The point is, I'll be at that wedding to celebrate and have a good time like everyone else. Also note, I don't know how to dance... neither does my ex (if she didn't lie about that)

The things I'm worried about, and need to consider on how I approach them... because even a plan I make or think about can be very wrong...
    1. If ex agrees to dance with me.
    2. If ex sees me dancing with the girl I was set up with once.
    3. If ex sees me dancing with anyone
    4. The Reaction of people who see me dancing with my ex - because that will be a shock to them

If ex does agree to dance with me, things I know I should do...
    - Not talk about us. Clearly state I'm there to have enjoy dancing
    - To not open my big mouth about anything - this leaves me with no idea what to talk about
    - Not to show interest in her but that I'm open for anything
    - If she tries to talk about us (highly unlikely), clearly let her know that I'm there for the celebration and that we can talk about us after the wedding.
    - If it seems like she's looking to argue, To thank her for the dance, state I think she's looking for some excuse for a fight, apologize and leave
    Q: What the hell should I do if she Does say she misses me or tries to come back to me?
    !: I have worries about taking hold of her hand, by holding someone's had you can say a lot and that can put me off balance.

If ex sees me dancing with the girl I was set up with once, things I should do...? (Big QUESTION MARK)
    Q: Should I state to this girl that I'm not using her because my ex refused to dance with me? I fear any misunderstanding
    Q: What if she asks why did I pick her to dance with? My answer would have been because she's the only other girl that I met before the wedding that I feel I could dance with without any awkwardness.

If ex sees me dancing with anyone, things I planned to do...
    -Just have a decent conversation. Maybe some lucky girl will fall for me and it will be my bad luck.

What should I do when the people who see me dancing with my ex ask me questions...???
    - Should I tell the truth, that I'm currently not in love? I don't have to tell them I'm open to her return
    - Should I just say there's nothing happening between us?
    - What if they ask if she's my Ex? This question doesn't feel valid if they see me dancing with anyone else.

Additional stuff I plan...
    - Stay away from the drinks - because my ex may get annoyed, and I tend to drink anyway when I'm upset and I will show I'm not upset
    - To socialize more with people by talking or asking about them.
    - Constantly keep my cool about things (because I've been having a very frustrating & emotional week)

I look forward to any comments and opinions anyone reading this has, because I can never improve on myself if I don't know what people think about my plans and thoughts.
    Last edited by RiderViper; 04-05-11 at 07:42 PM. Reason: ...Even the typist who wants to dance is distracted by what he writes. Typical RV...
    -Any replies by me are purely my opinion and based on my experiences and inexperienced actions meaning some things I say are right and some are wrong. If it sounds like it, I am not giving a solution or answer to the problem. This is why I am not supposed to post on forums I read only from.

M.E.
    Kashan
    Rider Viper

My Sister Says: "You're moving on pretty fast."
    I say: "Would you prefer if I sit in a corner all day?"

Word of advice #1 - Stop overthinking everything and just have fun. It is just a wedding reception. No need to plan it out like an invasion. Just relax, be yourself, and have fun. Ask yourself throughout the night if you are having fun. If you answer yourself with a "no" then stop doing that thing and do something else. Everyone there is going to be focusing on the bride and groom anyway, so don't worry about it.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!