+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought the ring.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I bought the ring.

I bought it quick so I didn't have time to think about how much I'd rather not spend that money on something so trivial.

put it to good use then! When are you proposing?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know.

I was thinking maybe this weekend, but now I'm thinking on her birthday. I would totally cheat like that. Spend 500 dollars and then have to get her a birthday present? F*ck that shit, I just started working again.

Nah I would be totally over the moon if I am proposed on my birthday! The ring should be more than enough for me.

What a lucky girl she is!

sadie_genie Guest
    I am beginning to question the benefits for women to get married. Aren't women expected to cook, clean,be the primary nurturer of the children, and work too (nowadays). Women are brainwashed by tradition to think marriage is the best thing that happens to them. But it seems that men gets the better deal out of marriage.

they do get a ring though :p

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    I am beginning to question the benefits for women to get married. Aren't women expected to cook, clean,be the primary nurturer of the children, and work too (nowadays). Women are brainwashed by tradition to think marriage is the best thing that happens to them. But it seems that men gets the better deal out of marriage.
    I wouldn't marry her if she wouldn't be willing to do all of those things.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is better than to have a happy family ? Maybe a nice job and lots of money ? If I had to choose between having a happy family and workking my ass off from 8am to 8pm , I would choose the first one . I know a woman who also thought that marriage is not that important, and now she's 36, no kids and now she can't even call herself a widow ,cause she and her dead partner always thought that marriage is just a paper. And she regrets it. A lot. Now she's not even able to close his bank account cause to the bank she's nobody to him .
    I wazzzz here

I feel a proposal should be a celebration on it's own and not on a birthday, Valentines day, Christmas.....

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And to Fras, it's great, you finally did it !! Well, bday - a bit cheesy but whatever , do it or you'll never do it
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pffft...better be 24 karat. (response to Nicholas)
    It ain't even 1 karat. Jesus, you want a ring that expensive, you go buy one yourself.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    What is better than to have a happy family ? Maybe a nice job and lots of money ? If I had to choose between having a happy family and workking my ass off from 8am to 8pm , I would choose the first one . I know a woman who also thought that marriage is not that important, and now she's 36, no kids and now she can't even call herself a widow ,cause she and her dead partner always thought that marriage is just a paper. And she regrets it. A lot. Now she's not even able to close his bank account cause to the bank she's nobody to him .
    I agree with that. (the family part)
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 08-05-11 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I never married, never had kids (my choice), and I have been with my guy happily for over 21 years....so not everyone regrets it. The Laws in Canada has covered the common-law status. If he dies I get everything and vise versa because in the eyes of the law we are considered married with or without a piece of paper. It goes the same if we split....he gets half my house and my investments. I have to say that, as a warning marriage is no fairytale, it's a lot of hard work....good luck.

That's why it's even steven in my house. Everything is split down the middle with the bills and responsibilities. And we don't share credit cards or bank accounts. His money is his, and my money is mine. Same goes for the vehicles. It makes life so trouble free.

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    That's why it's even steven in my house. Everything is split down the middle with the bills and responsibilities. And we don't share credit cards or bank accounts. His money is his, and my money is mine. Same goes for the vehicles. It makes life so trouble free.
    That arrangement works for you because you choose not to have children. If a couple decide to have children, the female have to carry on more burden than the male. Not only does she have to bear the pain of giving birth but she also is naturally attached to her children more than the father thus making her the primary and more suitable nurterer of their children.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast