+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tips please.

Tips please.

Hello,

I have just woken up from probably the best dream in my life, it was so good that in the dream it had me crying tears of joy, being awake now however has just left me completely depressed/confused ect ect. Basically what happened in the dream was a girl I knew a few years back, 'x', admitted to being in totally in love with me and began crying tears of joy and or sadness for not admitting it sooner. I picked her up and hugged her and felt so totally euphoric that I started crying also(this is a massive thing for me because I am not the type of person who gets extremely emotional like that, I've had trouble crying at the loss of close relatives and family pets). The dream was set on a grass paddock above a beautiful ocean in what seemed like the late afternoon. I was woken by my alarm what felt like pretty soon after the dream.

Now some background info on me and 'x', basically I met her through a sports club when I was 15, our first trip away together was on a sports team and we got along really well and it felt like we bonded. On the drive home from this trip we cuddled a little but nothing more than that happened. We continued to get along through this sport really well for the next year or so and I developed a really big crush on her. From there it kind of went down and up hill, one of my friends who could be described as a real ladies man 'stud' type took a liking to her and they started going out. The next summer we all started hanging out and got along really well and got up to lots of mischief and fun together, I still had a crush on her and we had a few really intimate moments which it felt like we both suppressed due to the fact that she was still going out with my friend. I think she saw this and tried arranging things between me and one of her very physically attractive friends, while the intention was there, it was always too awkward and we never really got into things. At the end of summer we were going to a big party and sculled some vodka together beforehand. At the party she met up with her boyfriend/my friend and as soon as this happened bursted out in tears crying, I left them to sort out whatever it was, about five minutes later my friend/her boyfriend came past saying he didn't know what was up with her. I went and found her crying in a corner, I went up to her and started talking to her, telling her that she needed to go have fun with her boyfriend, she then said that she loved me, I was a little shocked but also quite drunk and just blew it off and told her to stop crying, get up and go and party with her boyfriend(maybe a big mistake). And that's exactly what she did. From there things between us kind of dried up and about 3 months later her and her boyfriend broke up, within a week he was shagging another hot girl from her school, I think this mind ****** her a bit and she ended up going to a boarding school on the opposite side of the country while we were finishing school and off to uni. I spent a gap year traveling while she was at this far away school (she is a grade lower than me at school).

So thats basically it, this is now my 2nd year out of school and my first year in uni, I am 19, she is 19. While I have had plenty of interest from some pretty stunning girls I have had trouble trying to build any type of meaningful relationship and I am not a person for one night stands. x hasnt really been in my mind alot, occasionally I think about her but try not to obsess over it and put her to the back of my mind. I am now starting to think that it is her in my subconscious that is causing difficulties with building relationships with other girls. This dream I have had has sent my mind spinning due to its intensity and I feel like I am going to lose the plot. The combination of struggling .to build relationships with other girls because the spark in my mind still kind of rests with her has left me thinking it is now or never.

I am going to telll her how I feel basically. And I would like to be able to do it in a way which is not going to totally freak her and lets be honest, have the highest chance of success. She is currently at university 3 hours drive away however I often visit this town and don't think I would have to much trouble setting up a 'chance' encounter as I have plenty of reasons to be visiting there. Any advice on how I should approach this situation would be great.

Any advice would be fantastic, I have a feeling the way this turns out is going to have a big effect on my life.

Just start contacting her and take your time to get reacquainted. Built up to it, don't come at her full blast or she will reject you.