+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what behavior should I have in this situation?

what behavior should I have in this situation?

Hi,

For those who don't know my story I will sum it up quickly.

I've been dating an american woman for few weeks. She is a bit distant when it comes to sending texts/phone etc... but when we are together it's great and I can see that in her eyes (her face is very expressive and you can tell when she enjoys something and when she doesn't).
    However I still feel this distance somehow.
    She told me she is a very independent girl and I just love that (I'm very independent myself).

The thing is that she doesn't know if she's gonna stay in France or leave. She has 2 months to decide. I guess the chances are 50/50 right now.
    I really like this girl and just want her to be happy. So if she has to leave, I'll be happy for her of course, even I would love to be with her. We have many things in common.

My question is :
    what type of behaviour should I have for this? Sometimes her "coldness" or what looks like a lack of interest (like she'd spend more time with her friend than me... I'm cool with that I do the same... just being a bit jealous) drive me crazy but I try to not overthink about it.
    I would like to show her that I care about her and first off she's a friend and she wants to talk I'm here and she doesn't want that's cool. I have a life too. I don't want to act a needy guy and don't want to be too distant.
    What could I do to balance that ? What little things could I do to show that even if we don't know how this relationship is gonna turn out I don't want her to feel like I don't care.

She isn't going to invest her feelings on someone that lives in a different country, because carrying on a relationship would be too complicated. She is just enjoying the here and now...

...let alone different continent.