+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is your first love different from all other loves??

Is your first love different from all other loves??

Hi forum!

I have a question out of curiosity. I've only ever dated one guy, fell in love with him for no good reason except superficial ones, tried to do absolutely anything he wanted to keep him happy, and then had my heartbroken a year later when I realized he didn't really feel the same about me. I mean he liked me a lot, but not enough to keep me in a relationship. My question is, will I ever love somebody with the same innocence and open heart as I loved him with? Will the second guy I date shine just as bright as my first bf? Does your next relationship turn into a comparison game with your first relationship with a boy that seemed like your prince charming? I felt like the luckiest girl to be with my first bf...he was perfect in my eyes despite all his flaws that others saw (and that now I see since we broke up). Will I ever feel like that again? In your experiences, how does your second relationship and ones there after compare to your first love? Thanks!

-Hope

You will have many "first" loves hun.....many.

Haha..i don't about "many". I'm 25 and have found only one in my life so far. A lot of the times I feel like I'm just meant to be by myself...I can't imagine it ever working out for me seeing how rare the chances are of running into someone I like, having him like me back, and us actually being compatible. It seems like a needle in a haystack..and I've never been one of the lucky ones. Oh well..just having one of those negative days I guess

Yes, you will feel that again for sure
    I always thought after my daughters dad i would never love anyone like i did him. But i did.. shame it was the wrong guy.. But it happened. So now i have hope i will feel like that again when i meet someone worth my time. And i wont be making the same mistakes twice! Dont feel negative, it will come in good time

No, keep faith that u would love someone more even.
    Last edited by Cinnabella; 15-05-11 at 04:04 AM.