+ Follow This Topic

Thread: cheating

cheating

My boyfriend and I have dated for 3 years sometimes I don't know why I stayed with him as long as I did. I found out in October of 2010 that he cheated on me through some emails I saw after he left his account open. I was so hurt. I've loved him for so long and he was going behind my back cheating. One of the woman even got pregnant and had to have an abortion. I had suspected things but of course he denied them. This is my second long term relationship in which the man has cheated and got someone pregnant I'm obviously missing something here (hence the name strikes twice). We tried to work things out, he seemed to be more into me, mature and prepared to work on us, but I still cant overcome the betrayal that I feel. He was not a bad guy he cut the grass and took care of my car. In March we even decided to get engaged within the next year and to marry and have children. He told his mom I was the one and I'd made him a better man. Recently we had a huge argument about all types of things that didnt relate to the topic at hand of course. And he left he said he was fed up with my yelling and he couldn't take it anymore I had pushed him away because I couldn't stop yelling at him. He said he loved me but didn't want to be in the relationship anymore and wished me the best. I'm not proud of it but I begged and pleaded for him to stay to no avail. I actually think he enjoys watching me beg. He left and told me to let go. We live together so he still hasn't come to get his things. I haven't called so he has been doing little things to get my attention I assume. He changed his facebook relationship status and blocked me from seeing his wall. He stopped playing this app with me words with friends if you know what the is just yesterday. I'm actually laughing at his childish behavior. But I'm sad because I do love him and I miss him, its only been 6 days, some of the days I'm relieved that I don't have to argue some days I'm sad because I don't have him. Because of his past indiscretions I suspect he has opened the windows and let the team in so I don't know if we could come back together. I don't even know if I should. He has said he doesn't want to the last time we spoke, but he also stated he would come to get his things this past weekend and he has not. I think he is angry with me because I took my house keys back. I didn't want him coming and going as he pleased.

he could be making an excuse to sleep with someone else, this way its not "cheating"

I can' believe he split because of one single argument, even if you yelled at him. So this mean you had recurrent arguments. Over what?

we had been arguing for three days over past arguments; I will admit that I had been yelling at him and using profanity when we argued way too much.

hes just looking for an excuse to end it... the fact that he cheated on you should be the only reason you need to cut all ties with hiim.

I thought of that too. all his stuff is at my home as a reminder and kinda as a way to block me from having guests.

Are you insane? This guy has been ****ing around and you're still prepared to be with him? Well good luck. I just hope you don't have kids because there are enough stupid people on this planet already.

that was harsh

This guy is undependable in a relationship sense. So what he cuts the lawn and fixes your car......he stuck his d ick in other women while pretending he was committed to you. Just because he says he wants to settle down, etc isn't a guarantee he won't cheat on you. Everytime you take him back just tells him that he can get away with it agin and again. He knows you are weak for him and he will always take advantage of that. I'm not calling you stupid, you are just too in love to see this wolf in sheeps clothing. You are pinched between a rock and a hard place, you love him, but at the same time your gut is warning you that you will get hurt again.....If it doesn't feel right hun, it's not.

I agree that he was looking for an excuse to get out of the relationship. I think the "planning on getting engaged" thing as just a way for him to try to get you to hold on to him while he doesn't have to really commit to you.
    Send him a message with a deadline on when to come get his stuff and let him know you will move it out to the yard if he doesn't get it by then. It is best if you sever all ties with him quickly to keep you from falling for his bull any longer.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

You should be happy that he is out of your life. I don't understand why now also you want to be with him. After so many things that he has done you still want to be in a relationship with him. He is just using you and nothing else. There is no feeling for you in his heart. Give him a deadline to take his things out from the apartment and even after that he doesn't show up then throw his things out of your house with hatred. You will be satisfied by doing this, trust me. Do not be emotional. If you want your future to be bright then kick him out of your life.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. Stop ****ing around with this guy and move on, he doesn't deserve somebody as loyal as you. He deserves a shitty whore that you can find on the street corner.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cheating is bad enough, but he got another woman pregnant? Why on earth would you want to be with a man like this?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Thank you for your response I agree I am blinded by my own feelings, maybe I'm just morning the loss of the relationship and the reality of being single again. Thank you for your advice, especially for being brutally honest without calling me names.