+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused

Ok so I'm just going to go through this whole story and let me know what you think... I am a seventeen year old girl and I have a crush on this guy who is 22...

I met him when I was in my school play this year and he was the music director. We kinda talked then but only a little.

After the play he was allowed to accept me on facebook (a stupid rule at my high school didn't allow him to beforehand) and I decided to message him by saying that I was glad I met him and that we should definitely keep in touch

he eventually responded with "yeah definitely, here's my number ####### give me a ring sometime"

I texted him probably a week later and we had a few texting conversations for a while, and one night while I was texting him, he called me and we talked on the phone for about an hour and a half

I just want to know if you all think that he likes me or is just being friendly or what?
    If you have any questions about details just ask

(oh yeah and a problem I am having is that he has never initiated a conversation with me, I always text him first, so I was wondering why?)

He is being inappropriate. A 22 year old adult man, shouldn't be giving his phone number to a 17 year old teenage girl. He is borerline preditor, I have to warn you not to get involved. He knows you are an impressional teenage girl, and he is feeling you out to see if he will get sex from you down the road (let you chase him). Ask your mom what she thinks of this.......I bet you know what her aswer will be.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    He is being inappropriate. A 22 year old adult man, shouldn't be giving his phone number to a 17 year old teenage girl. He is borerline preditor
    I'm not sure about that. Three years age difference is not a big deal.

I think he's definitely into you, confused465. But maybe he's a bit reluctant just because you're so young. Maybe he's waiting till you turn 18 before making a more direct move.

EDIT: However, be carefull anyway.

a bit vague in providing information but i'd suggest not to pursue this man

Quote Originally Posted by Jolicoeur View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Three years age difference is not a big deal.

I think he's definitely into you, confused465. But maybe he's a bit reluctant just because you're so young. Maybe he's waiting till you turn 18 before making a more direct move.

EDIT: However, be carefull anyway.
    It's not 3 years difference, it's 5 years hun, do the math. The age difference is no big deal if they were both ADULTS. But she is still a minor. And since he is an director/instructor, he is stepping over the boundaries that are usually set between student and teacher, counselor,etc..

We all know teenagers don't and will not think of these things because they are not looking through an adult's eyes. She is going to eventually flirt with him and go out with him soon enough. So this post is redundant.

Girl if you have to ask if he is interested in dating you then you are not ready....you don't have the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's not 3 years difference, it's 5 years hun, do the math.
    Yes, sorry, my bad.

The age difference is no big deal if they were both ADULTS. But she is still a minor. And since he is an director/instructor, he is stepping over the boundaries that are usually set between student and teacher, counselor,etc..
    I guess you're right...