I've been in a relationship with someone for a few months, age - both way past our twenties.

It's been amazing so far, but she doesn't really give me much information. She thinks Im smothering her and being insecure for asking what's going on. Maybe I am. Maybe I do treat her differently to everybody else and I need to calm down.

This resulted in me telling her something bad after it seemed she could make more time for facebook than she could for me.

She's been upset, understandably, and I think I've been suffering with stress and lashed out on the first thing I've been obsessing about.

She hasn't really text me in several weeks, and when she has, it's always short and once per week so far. She hasn't made any time to see me, and this state of events look like continuing for a while because I just don't see how not getting together and discussing it is going to resolve anything. Im trying, she isn't.

But on the flip side, she's been stressed I think with her health (hormonal), and her health may be causing her to act differently, and she's been stressed with very urgent business work. She's basically told me over the month that it takes her to do her business work, I can't be priority.

There's just something in me that says, yeah, but everything else is a priority right? You'll be off seeing your friends, family, and your I'm just there for backup because you won't let me in. Kind of how I felt before I reacted.

Think I might end it in a couple of weeks if I don't get anywhere.

But I don't know how to read these signals, whether she wants space (in which case I shut up and text back when she does and I sound unfeeling), or whether to give her support (in which case I risk bothering her too much).

I have no idea how to play this.

Read all the things about women wanting strong men who ignore them, it's all about games. Whereas I think for the rest of us in the real world, you know, people go through problems, they go silent, when they just need support.

She still loves me, she still wants a relationship, she still wants to sort this.

But at the moment, she seems more comfortable in updating facebook than she does in texting me back.

What positive reasons are there behind her not getting in touch with me directly? I figure she doesn't want to burden me with her problems, and she doesn't want me to burden her with my problems. We're both probably a little delicate right now and the last thing we want to do is set each other off - especially if we're still interested in pursuing a relationship.

That's the best I got.

Any other positive explanations?

Why is she being distant (positive reasons only)?
How do I respond?
Be supportive? Give her space? Text her even if I don't get a reply? Ignore her if she texts? Should I even reply on Facebook or just kill my account to force her into personal communication?
Should I see one of her friends to drop something off hoping they'll say something and I can find out what's happening?

Im really tempted by the last idea, but that might be a bit stalkerish. But at the same time, I have no idea what's going on.