+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very odd situation.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think if she were older, and the kid was MUCH older, this may have been an alternative worth exploring. She sounds too young to be experimenting with this sort of thing, and I don't think it bodes well for her family stability. I'd avoid it, darling. Things are going to get crazy over there.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

She wants sex but not a deep emotional connection.
    Why didn't you just say that in the beginning? You just asked us what we thought. Yeah....bang her silly if you'd like. Personally, Id run for the hills !! Never Fucck with a married women

i think it is a dumb idea too. who told you her husband was ok with it ? her ?

what happens if her husband shows up with a shotgun one day while you're going at it ?

Apologies for the rudeness.. I just get really annoyed by people replying or hurling insults towards people they don't have a clue about.

I was asking about a situation that I'm not entirely comfortable with and not sure whether I should or should not be. Maybe some people are born with perfect black and white views of the world or the ability to remain completely rational, while determining what IS perfectly rational, when evaluating relationships and sex. I, however, do not and am not. I do not believe that makes me dumb, lacking of intellect or not morally sound, however and I do not believe anyone has a right to judge that of me based on a posed question about an unusual situation over an internet forum.

I think you're asking for trouble and you will get it if you go ahead with this. Dumb or genius or anything in between, doesn't matter.

If I were you I would buy her a vibrator as a goodbye present, wish her best of luck and would get on with my life.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    Apologies for the rudeness.. I just get really annoyed by people replying or hurling insults towards people they don't have a clue about.

I was asking about a situation that I'm not entirely comfortable with and not sure whether I should or should not be. Maybe some people are born with perfect black and white views of the world or the ability to remain completely rational, while determining what IS perfectly rational, when evaluating relationships and sex. I, however, do not and am not. I do not believe that makes me dumb, lacking of intellect or not morally sound, however and I do not believe anyone has a right to judge that of me based on a posed question about an unusual situation over an internet forum.

Make a distinction b/t those who are saying its a dumb *idea* and those who have called *you* dumb. You received both types of response and they are not the same. The fact you are equating the two is your problem/insecurity, not ours.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You're basically talking about a form of swinging. That's not so terribly unusual; millions of couples around the world swing and are perfectly happy doing it, but you never hear much about them for reasons which, after reading your replies so far, should now be obvious to you. The question is whether you're happy with it, or comfortable with it. And whether, if you are, you're prepared to deal with the moral condemnation you will likely receive if people find out, just as you are being condemned in this thread.

Lots of swingers have families, and just like regular couples, they don't discuss their sex lives with their children. So that, in my mind, is hardly an issue. The question of whether it is good or not in general for her family is something for her and her husband to discuss and come to their own conclusions about, which they apparently have. It's not really any of your business to worry about. It may be wise for you to meet the husband first, to confirm that the sex with the wife is OK.

The "ZOMG you screwed with someone's wife" business is also immaterial, except to the extent that you will be condemned for it by others. Since she has permission, it is not cheating. Couples get to decide what their own boundaries are, and what their relationship gets to be.

So the answer as to whether you should do this or not rests solely within you. Is this something that will bring joy and happiness into your life? Is this something that will hurt you, or people you care about? Is this something you're willing to take responsibility for later? Is this something that falls within your moral code? These are questions that only you can answer.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Agreed^. Which is why I mentioned that you may have to pay for this later if you meet a woman who finds your morals questionable for having done this. There is more to consider than just this relationship.

Still, I agree w/Vashti about the age of the child affecting the status of the marriage and an indication of the likely maturity of the woman.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If you're comfortable with the idea and can stay emotionally unattached, then go for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Her age and the age of her children don't render her incapable of wanting sex. Her maturity is somewhat irrelevant because you're (hopefully) not trying to form a healthy relationship with her. It's just sex. Whatever.

If this situation suits you and her, then why not? As has been said she isn't cheating if she has her husband's permission, whilst this may not sit right with some peoples morals it will with others.

So if it suits you then go for it, obviously if this relationship gets out into the wider domain then it could cause problems for her and her family.

This is very interesting wasabi. I'm hoping to end up in a somewhat similar situation myself. I've been chatting online with this one woman who lives in a "polyamorous" marriage. I had never heard of polyamory before but it basically means that I wouldn't be limited to FWB. I could potentially be a full on boyfriend though I'm jumping a bit ahead of myself here. She seems very friendly but I don't know yet if she's interested in anything more than being friends.

Good luck with your odd situation I hope it works out great!

She is not cheating you, she said clear cut that due some problems between she and her husband, she is allowed to date and have physical relationship with anyone. Do not think that she might one day will be committed to you that is not possible. She is allowed to do everything only on the condition that their family life will not be effected. It's very clear that she will be with but cannot commit herself. So you have to control your emotions if you want to be with her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12