+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Odd situation

A Odd situation

well let me start by saying that my girlfriend and I have been dating for quite some time now and have discussed marriage and children on several occasions and planing our future in general. Now here is the kicker, When I met her she told me she was a nanny for a high profile family and I believed it, she seemed to always have more money then I do which does not bother me but I make a good income of over 60k and after seeing her go on a shopping spree of buying more then 9k of electronics and paying cash for everything I began to question the fact of her employment. She told me flat out that she lied to me about being a nanny and is in fact a call girl in her local area, and after hearing this my first response was to leave. and I did....Now she is telling me she done with that life style choice and does not want to lose me. I am lost in limbo not knowing the appropriate chores of action here. she seems really sincere about her choice to leave everything behind and being with me. but my concern is she deceived me all this time what is going to stop her from doing it in the future. on the other hand she told me the truth about this and has never lied about anything else in the past....any advice would be great

sadie_genie Guest
    Her past is her past. Don't worry about the petty things. If I was call girl, I would lie about it too because everybody knows if she told you the truth, you wouldn't date her, right?

It's tough to go from 60K as a Call Girl to then making less than that.

I would tread VERY carefully because you never know that she could indeed be hiding it from you if she continues. For a girl to spend 9K shopping and then settle for lower than that...it's hard to believe! For girls to live a "high-roller" lifestyle like that and then stop it is VERY difficult because they get used to being materialistic.

If you like her, make it very clear that you just don't accept that sort of lifestyle and that you are giving her a CHANCE to change but not to take it lightly. At this point, you need to just be very careful and I hate to say it, but be observant of her words and actions.

As difficult as it would have been to tell you what she did for a living, she did, in fact, lie to you. The trust is now broken in the relationship and that is hard to repair, no matter what other circumstances are behind it.
    You need to learn to trust her first, and not worry about a future for the time being.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

How could you trust someone who was willing to 'take it out in trade'? What is the difference between her and a girl giving $10 blowjobs at 6 in the morning? Actually I think a high price call girl is worse. She doesn't do it to 'pay the bills', but she is doing it because she is greedy and matrialistic.

to me her lie is worse than other lies because not only was she deceiving you, but was also having sex with any number of other people without your knowing it, which put syour health at risk too. it seems to me that being a call girl would be awful regardless of the money and on some level she must be unhappy doing it and may even be sincere about wanting to stop, but it is going to take a lot more than just her wish and care for you to get out of the cycle of the sex trade...everything i've read about this also indicates it is VERY difficult for sex workers to stop, even when they are miserable...