+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to meet an intelligent girl?

How to meet an intelligent girl?

Yes, I agree weird title but its the truth. so far I have not met one; I’m not trying to be rude and I know they exist but.. the stereo typical places one meets a girl generally attracts the less intelligent ones. Bars and Clubs, (not saying girls only go there to pick up guys).

now when I say intelligent I don’t mean a born genius I just mean someone that has a lust for knowledge or a keen passion in something useful not just sex and make-up.

It's not only where you are hiding that i want to know, how would be the best way to approach you without looking like a pervert (my past experience’s I know I’ve given that impression).

I do think bars and clubs are not places for meeting a decent man in my idea.

Library, zoo, anywhere that u can hang out and make friends without having those beers that blind your mind, even at school...

Take a library, how does one approach with out being weird, not a good place to talk.... bit weird going to a zoo on my own.

Was just raising some examples, you can't talk to them afterward? When I was in library before there were guys approached while I was there, like an empty sit or a coffee afterward.

There r loads of places, depends on how you take your chance.

Have you tried online dating? A lot of girls that don't like the pub/club scene use that and you can tell from their profile what they are into. Otherwise maybe try joining a meetup group (if they exist where you live), learn a new language, join a short-course or do some study of some sort, post a friendly ad on your local classified for skills swap or coffee/conversation. Just some ideas. I got over the bar scene for meeting guys and was lucky enough to meet my current BF online. Good luck
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I think online dating as Pisces suggested is also a good way too. , all are good ways to meet someone not from bars/clubs.

yeah I’ve tried online dating, maybe I just dunno how to do it as there’s a massive skill to online dating. know any good sites?

Online dating, coffee shops, bookstores, some of the more laid-back clubs (not dance clubs or clubs that only serve alcohol) like the clubs/bars that also have restaurants or open mics. I don't think there's any "massive skill" to online dating, just send messages to the girls you like, and make sure you say something interesting that could spark a conversation. Show that you read her profile by commenting on the things she wrote. If you only comment on her photos, she'll know you didn't read her profile.

I don't think there is a skill. However I was very sick of meeting the same old type of guys so I decided to send messages to guys I wouldn't usually consider or just skip past, think outside the box so to speak. Like my current BF is a computer nerd and loves sci-fi. I would usually just skip past a profile like that as it didn't appear we have much in common but one day I thought 'stuff it' and messaged him. We have more in common than we think and can talk about anything (silly stuff and intellectual stuff) and have the same values. The stuff we don't have in common I find a blessing as I can still have time to see my friends and do my hobbies whilst he is doing his. So maybe just think to yourself, I am going to say yes to someone I wouldn't usually if they ask me on a date and ask someone I wouldn't usually and see what happens.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Ok tried that and epic fail !

15 messages... and 15 long profiles to read... 0 replies

ha ha damn...

If you are shallow it may be inhibiting you to some very awesome women who have amazing personalities. A lot of guys will always go for the girls who are like DAMN she is hott id do her. but then find out they have nothing in common.
    Personality and intelligence is also a turn on, so even if the girl is not drop dead gorgeous, it will make up for it. (within reason)

sadie_genie Guest
    Seek out conferences and lectures. They usually have those at university campuses. It is kind of difficult to date one because intelligent females are usually consumed in their study and research.

Good luck. If you don't happen to find a girl you like, at least you would benefit from the learning experience at those events. I am sure you would since people seek in others what they lack.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Intelligent girls are not out there. You are on a fool's errand, my friend

where to meet them - everywheere.. Ask girsl different questions when u meet them, not just asume that they are braindead.. they may suprise u, and u may got the wrong first impression. But then again - whats ur definition of a intelligent girl? like what kind of a fucced up city do u live in, girls that only care about sex and make up who cant even have a conversation?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast