+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what i should do when my boyfriend does this?

what i should do when my boyfriend does this?

I write a lot so this might be long, but i really hope someone can help me.

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we broke up in between for about 6 months. At the time, we broke up because he had issues he needed to get over. He's like a light switch, he'll switch on and off. He'll be so happy to come home to me and not want to go out at all for a year or two and then suddenly want to go out and not pay as much attention to me... then he'll somehow get an epiphany and want to come home and stay home with me.

When our relationship was very strong, he never wanted to go out with his friends and i always encouraged him into going out because i felt like it was very unhealthy for him and for our relationship. Now that our relationship isn't as great, he wants to go out knowing that it would bother me.

I feel like i get super needy when my boyfriend starts showing less care about me. The thing is, i've asked him he wanted to break up with me and we've had this conversation too many times. he keeps saying no, and that he loves me and wants me to be happy. he also says that he needs me to be patient with him because he doesn't know what's wrong with him. We talked about having him go see a therapist and he agreed to.

The thing is, i don't want to keep going on like this. He makes me feel like the luckiest girl and then i feel like he takes it away. He treats me so well that even my guy friends say i'm really lucky and that they've never met a guy like him.

So right now I don't know what to do, it hurts a lot because he's like my family. Should I be patient and understanding? Should i just let him go out as much as he wants? & when will i know to just break up with him?

He does this once every year or two?? And you complain? I think you have some issues that you need to deal with.

"I feel like i get super needy when my boyfriend starts showing less care about me."

Yep, you have issues. A counselor might help you with these issues, as they can have multiple sources. Plus you never even gave your ages, so it's hard to even guess what might help you.
    Last edited by bulrush; 16-05-11 at 05:31 AM.

Why does him going out bother you now if you encouraged him to do it before?

Whether or not HE needs to go to a therapist is debatable... but I sure think YOU do.