+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I approach this?

How should I approach this?

My previous relationships were based on friendship. Knowing him for quite some time and gradually developing to an exclusive relationship.

Now, I find this new, very early relationship completely different from any of my previous ones and am stuck with how to bring up certain things.

It took me one and half years to get ove my ex. Wasn't looking for a relationship any time soon since but probably it was about time. I met this guy and things got progressed pretty quickly. Much quicker than I have ever experienced or was prepared for.

I cannot date multiple guys at the same time but I suppose he has every right to date other girls to see... For all I know, he might be sleeping with someone else.

I just need to cross the message that I'd ike to see how it goes and he needs to let me know if he is sleeping with anyone or when he intends to.

If he is, I will end it immediately but given the fact that this is a very early stage without knowing if he is 100% into me or vice versa, I don't know how to phrase this.

All I know is that I do not want to be involved with a guy who is sleeping with someone at the same time. I am almost certain he is not but who knows? But when things are so new and I am not 100% sure of us, who am I to stop him or say anything?!

How about kissing? I cannot make up my mind if it's okay for him to kiss other girls or not. It should depend on how I feel but I just don't know how I am supposed to feel cos we are just that early in it for both of us.

I guess you should just let him know that you're not into having multiple partners and you want any potential boyfriends to feel the same way. Maybe start by asking him how he feels about sleeping around and then segue into what you want from your partners.

But it would be kind of ridiculous to be making these demands really early in a relationship. How new is it?

You're essentially wanting an exclusive relationship. Thats not too much to ask if you're a few months in. Many people will only ever date one person at a time, I myself never carry on with more than 1 person at a time because its just too much to think about. If I go out with someone and like them, then I focus on making that one work.

I think you need to sit down and talk with him, this is a communication issue.