+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong that I feel kinda bad about this...?

Is it wrong that I feel kinda bad about this...?

Let me start off by saying that I've never been in a relationship (hell, never even been on a date). For whatever reason, girls are just generally not attracted to me as anything more than a friend. It's pretty frustrating, because I really don't know what it is. I mean, I know I'm not really an attractive guy, at all, but I try to make the best of it. I take care of myself, I practice good hygiene, I try to dress well, etc. And I might not have the most fun exciting personality, but I'm not a bad guy, I try to be nice and friendly to everyone. So, you get the idea by now, right?

Anyway, recently I've learned that a girl I know has been sleeping with many of my (single) male friends, mostly just for fun, as best I can tell. Today, I "heard it through the grapevine" that I'm the only guy in my little social circle that she has no interest in "messing around" with. Now, I'm not that kind of guy. I'm not really into her, and even if she did try to get with me, I wouldn't actually go through with it.

But I can't help but be bothered by it, still. It'd be nice to at least be considered, yanno? It kinda kills your self-esteem when the girl that sleeps with everyone doesn't even consider you. Makes me wonder just what the heck is really wrong with me. If a girl that'll pretty much sleep with anyone isn't into me, how can I expect to ever win over a girl I actually DO want to be with?

It's not like this is the first time this has ever happened to me before, either. I've known plenty of girls that seemingly wanted to sleep with every guy I knew except for me. I just don't get it, yanno?

It's not wrong that you feel bad about this. I think it would sting anyone, at least a little. But you should be able to shrug it off and not let it get you down too much.

Maybe you can ask your friends why they think girls don't go for you. I bet that asshole friend of yours who told you this in the first place wouldn't hesitate to tell you what he thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Maybe you can ask your friends why they think girls don't go for you. I bet that asshole friend of yours who told you this in the first place wouldn't hesitate to tell you what he thinks.
    Heh, well, I actually just kind of overheard some other girls I know talking about how she messes around with all the guys "except me" (well, they used my name, not "me"). I dunno, it just bugs me. Like I said before, this isn't even the first time I've been in a situation like this. So it makes me wonder how messed up I must really be if even the loosest girls don't want anything to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovehearts View Post
    Usually when a bunch of guys speak about a girl in that tone, it's because they didn't get anywhere either. You probably aren't ugly, but you might be a nerd and some females are intimidated by nerds.
    Oh, is that all? Gee, thanks. Heh.

I think you should try a new circle of friends. Maybe there are things you can work on to become more attractive, some things you cannot change but work with what you have. I bet you have many qualities that some women would find attractive. Try to write down what you like about yourself and initiate conversations with women on your level. You may be pleasantly surprised but dont let them knock you down anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by abn25 View Post
    I think you should try a new circle of friends.
    I dunno, I'm generally not good at connecting with people enough to be able to fall into a new group of friends.

Maybe there are things you can work on to become more attractive, some things you cannot change but work with what you have.
    I've tried lots of things, including new clothes, different hair styles, etc. Never really seems to do much for me.

I bet you have many qualities that some women would find attractive.
    I've always felt that, despite my many major flaws, I have the basic qualities that (I thought) a girl would want in a guy, but I'm nearing my mid-20s, and have still never been any closer than winning over a girl. So, I guess I must not have the good qualities I thought I had. Or I do have them, but they just don't matter as much as I hoped they would have.

get a small cute dog, and dont be really nice. dont be a dick but dont be nice...and get a motorcycle

I know I'm not really an attractive guy
    It starts in your head. If you don't think you're attractive, no one else will. I never had low self esteem, but it took me a while to find my true confidence(borderline arrogance) and I've been knocking broads down ever since.

I've got a question. How many girls have you asked out?

Your issue just comes down to confidence in yourself. I can tell just by your writing you dont think you were born with what it takes to get the ladies. Building confidence takes practice for those who dont naturally posses it. I know because I was the same way. I just though my natural decent looks and being a nice guy would be good enough. Turns out I did and said things which turned most women off.

Another BIG issues is that you need to play the numbers game. You need to get over the fear of approaching women and ask for number after number and date enough women till you find one that clicks with you. You will get rejected time and time again but you can let it get you down...its not personal. You should be happy this little slut doesn't like you. You should feel unique! Tell your friends that they are suckers for ****ing that cock bag!

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    I've got a question. How many girls have you asked out?
    Technically, just one a few years ago, a girl I really had it bad for. She just kinda blew me off. Not in a mean way; I think she thought it'd hurt me less than a flat out "no".

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Another BIG issues is that you need to play the numbers game. You need to get over the fear of approaching women and ask for number after number and date enough women till you find one that clicks with you. You will get rejected time and time again but you can let it get you down...its not personal.
    I dunno, I don't think I'd ever be comfortable with asking out girls I barely know (or especially don't know at all). My ideal scenario is to be able to get to know a girl a little before I decide if I'd like to be more with her. Honestly, my mind doesn't seem to work the way a lot of other guys' minds do; I don't just see a pretty girl and think "Ooh, I'd like to get to know her!". It kind of takes a few social encounters for me to figure out if I'm attracted to someone.

I dunno, I don't think I'd ever be comfortable with asking out girls I barely know (or especially don't know at all). My ideal scenario is to be able to get to know a girl a little before I decide if I'd like to be more with her. Honestly, my mind doesn't seem to work the way a lot of other guys' minds do; I don't just see a pretty girl and think "Ooh, I'd like to get to know her!". It kind of takes a few social encounters for me to figure out if I'm attracted to someone.
    Ok.....then go up to that girl and ask her name and see if she wants to go on a "social encounter" with you. Don't BullShit yourself bro? Your a guy which means you find women attractive. Are you saying you just walk around all day not noticing any beautiful women with fine asses in tight jeans? You need to actually talk with a women to find her sexually attractive? Doubt it! Be real and honest here Man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Are you saying you just walk around all day not noticing any beautiful women with fine asses in tight jeans?
    Um... Yes?

Indestructible,

If you feel that you aren't attractive maybe it's time to expend some effort and get into better physical shape. It may not help make your face more attractive but lots of women appreciate a physically fit body. It will boost your confidence too, almost like 2 birds with 1 stone.

Quote Originally Posted by fun2bwith45 View Post
    Indestructible,

If you feel that you aren't attractive maybe it's time to expend some effort and get into better physical shape. It may not help make your face more attractive but lots of women appreciate a physically fit body. It will boost your confidence too, almost like 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Eh, maybe, but I'm not really overweight. Maybe a little out of shape, but my clothes make it barely noticeable.

Um... Yes?

Dont know what to tell you then. Never met anyone, male or female, who cannot find the ability to find another person physically attractive....and with that, the desire to find out more about that person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast