+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help! need advice for first date with ex.

Help! need advice for first date with ex.

Hi everyone, and thanks for all advice in advance. So my ex girlfriend and I dated for 8 months, she moved in for 2 months. About the 6th week into the move she got some bad family news and fell into a depression and one day just started crying saying she can't get better here and has to move back home(1 hour away). She also said that right now she has to get her life figured out and can't commit to a relationship because it takes a lot of work.

I was very supportive and said you gotta do what you gotta and I wish you the best. We got along GREAT besides this last week when she claimed up and didn't tell me how bad she was really feeling, and I was always there for her and she knew this but still didn't let me in.

So 8 days into NC she sent me a text that said congrats on the new job which she must of found out through facebook. This led to and hour and a half phone call where we rehashed the relationship and then she seemed to try and make me jealous saying that she can only meet Friday or Saturday because Sunday she's going on a date with a celebrity, this was all said with a sarcastic tone.I played into it and said well that's fine because me and Kim Kardashian are going on a date in France.

Were both 24 y/o and she is a really nice girl, that has depression issues in her past as well as a bad father daughter relationship. She's very stubborn and doesn't like to feel weak or vulnerable. I on the other hand could care less and am a really open person.

So this weekend we are meeting up at a neutral location and having dinner. My questions are I really don't like to play games and just like to have everything out on the table. I know how to play the waiting game and think it really suck, if you love someone you should just leave your pride at the door and tell them. Should I go into this date and have fun during dinner and at the end just get into the discussion of our future together? I'm absolutely going to have to bring this up because she's to prideful and stubborn to say anything. Or should I play the waiting game and make her sweat it out and just go and have a nice dinner?

I need advice because I really love this girl and we didn't end on bad terms and got along awesome besides the bout of depression she went through. I just feel like if I give it my all and lay it out on the table then at least I can leave this dinner with my head held high knowing I did everything I could. But do you think that it's to early to go that route(we've been broken up for 3 weeks and she made first contact) and wait for another date, my fear being that there will be no other date and i'll be left always thinking "Man if only I tried maybe things would of been different" Thanks again look forward to hearing your responses.

Sounds like you have been very supportive. Continue to be that way but with her emotional state i would be cautious when meeting her again. You dont want to scare her off but just see what she has to say. She may have wanted to rethink living together and had to leave to find out.