+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why, after 2 weeks would he get in touch to talk about nothing?

Why, after 2 weeks would he get in touch to talk about nothing?

I've been seeing a guy, I realised he'd stopped initiating contact, gotten a bit distant. He still replied to me if I called or texted and all seemed normal on the surface. Anyway I stopped initiating contact and it took him 2 weeks to get in touch, just a how was I, he was on a week off work and was hoping for decent weather. I replied that i was fine and he'd had to take whatever weather he got! So that was it, no saying why he'd not been in touch sooner, no asking why I'd not contacted him.
    I was pleased to have heard from him, but confused as to why, surely not to talk about the weather?
    He's a shy guy, not much of a talker at the best of times, but he's pretty cool when it's just us, and if he has anything 'important' to say he usually does it by text then we talk about it in person later. I have missed him, I didn't tell him that though.
    So why did he get in touch? Can it really just have been about the weather?
    Last edited by crazyamy; 18-05-11 at 10:49 PM.

how long were you seeing him. no contacts a cowards way of saying i dont think i like you anymore

I've known him a couple of years. We got on well as friends from when we met first, started seeing him 8 months ago, I initially asked him out, I liked him but figured he was so shy he'd never ask me, I suppose I've always made the first moves, he seemed unable to think of couply things to do. He's always been a bit of a loner is an only child also and I don't think he's ever had to think of anyone else but himself.

would it hurt so much to ask him? what do you have to lose?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyamy View Post
    I've been seeing a guy, I realised he'd stopped initiating contact, gotten a bit distant. He still replied to me if I called or texted and all seemed normal on the surface. Anyway I stopped initiating contact and it took him 2 weeks to get in touch, just a how was I, he was on a week off work and was hoping for decent weather. I replied that i was fine and he'd had to take whatever weather he got! So that was it, no saying why he'd not been in touch sooner, no asking why I'd not contacted him.
    I was pleased to have heard from him, but confused as to why, surely not to talk about the weather?
    He's a shy guy, not much of a talker at the best of times, but he's pretty cool when it's just us, and if he has anything 'important' to say he usually does it by text then we talk about it in person later. I have missed him, I didn't tell him that though.
    So why did he get in touch? Can it really just have been about the weather?
    So he's shy, never initiated contact because he was shy, and you stopped. You were passive-aggressive and never told him what was wrong. Then, he gets the courage to call you, even though it's obvious something's changed, and you immediately made a sarcastic comment that degraded him a little?

I'm thinking this isn't his problem.

Shy or not, if he was really into you he would worry why he hasn't heard from you......I doubt he will give you any real explination if you ask. Sometimes when expectations are not being met, then that should tell you that you are not compatable and shouldn't be dating.

He was going to ask you out but lost his nerve during the call.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    He was going to ask you out but lost his nerve during the call.
    Or he decided he didn't want to.

Hm well, I sent a text yesterday just asking how the holiday was going. Today I got a reply apologising for not being in touch sooner but he'd run out of credit on his phone. He just told me what he'd been up to then he said "hows your sxy self?".
    What am I to think now, is he still interested?

Without knowing the full story it's hard to tell. Maybe he went a bit distant to make sure you didn't get too close too soon? The best way is to talk to him but not too seriously, because if you act serious now it doesn't give a "fun" attitude for the future. Maybe suggest to meet up for a drink or something and pop it into conversation and ask why he hadn't been in touch. I'd turn it into a light-hearted joke but everybody is different. Have fun, don't be too serious.

He is definitely still interested but you said he's a shy guy so ask him out and see how things go that night. You should be able to tell when you are actually together if he is really still interested or not.