+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this married man coming on to me?

Is this married man coming on to me?

This Friend of ours just wont stop staring? I don't have much experience with men, I didn't date much and really am pretty sheltered, we don't watch TV or movies and do not listen to the radio. The crux of my problem is this couple that we are friends with. I say friends but we are closer than that more like family. We have known them for 4 years and since the beginning the Husband has liked to tease me and do things to get me riled up. He enjoys flustering me and scaring me, things of that nature. Once he made a crack that he was twice the man my h was and I would never know it, but I just giggled and said oh well. Now looking back I think he was trying to push something as long ago as a year. I thought it was just playful but lately I'm not so sure. I have noticed that along with teasing me and doing other things to get a rise out of me he is staring at me very intensely. I really don't know what to think about this. I have noticed him watching me before but always just tried to write it off as my imagination. I see him looking in church but just figured it was chance we were looking in the same direction. Sunday evening we had them over for dinner and he wouldn't stop staring at me. It really made me uncomfortable to the point where I couldn't eat in front of him. If I would make eye contact with him he would just keep staring at me till I looked away. When I looked up again he would still be looking at me. It was the kind of look that made me blush. I know I can be pretty Naive but I am getting a strange feeling in my gut. Then tonight at a church function he all but ignored me. He talked with my husband but almost went out of his way to NOT look at me. This is odd, our families are very close and for us not to talk to each other is weird. Later as I was passing through the nursery and he walked by and asked me how I was, I said wonderful, he said, "Wonderful ? How good for you." He almost acted like he was angry at me. We are part of the same conservative Christian church and share a good relationship as families. If we were in grade school I would think he had a crush on me but we are both over 40. I would like someone else's take on this. Maybe I should say something to his wife or my husband, but I don't want to cause a problem where there isn't any. I can't deny that I find him attractive, maybe I'm sending a hidden sign.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stop being an attention whore and focus on your HUSBAND.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Stop being an attention whore and focus on your HUSBAND.
    I think thats a little harsh.

I think you should tell you'r husband how you're friend makes you feel, your husband might start to notice little things that are not right and be able to say something if there is a need. it may save everyone some embarasment.

Bring it up to your husband. Or even better, if he's really your friend then tell the guy that his staring makes you uncomfortable. Why involve other people? You're an adult and claim to be friends.