+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birth control?

Birth control?

I desperately dont want to use condoms anymore. I just have started to hate them!! They ruin passionate moments by having to stop and put it on.. they dont feel as good over all, and pulling out is just as lame. I wont be sleeping with random men either so std's arent really a worry for me.

I want to give some kind of birth control a go. I was on the low estrogen pill for years then stopped after getting pregnant on it. I tried going back on it last year and i got SO fat and spotty. I looked disgusting, it was awful and i just come off them right away.

Is there anything out there that doesnt pile on the pounds? Or ruin my skin completely?
    What birth control do you like the best and why?
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have not long had the coil fitted, previously i was on the pill but for a number of reasons (including developing alopecia) i decided on a coil. Its not noticeable at all and my hair is now growing back...go figure!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I am on a rather recent pill called Yasmin. It has very few side effects and every woman I know here in Aus that is on the pill is on it and none of us have any complaints. For me and my best friend the most noticeable side effect was an increased bust line, and for another friend, no more bleeding. Here it is more expensive than most other pills (every other pill I have taken averages $20 for 3 months, Yasmin is $65), but it is very good.

My best advice for you is to have a rather in depth discussion with a doctor whose opinion you trust.

Thanks ladies! I spoke about the coil with my doctor, i dont think that is for me. But the yasmin pill, i am kind of curious. We have discussed this and i liked the sound of it. Yet i am still kind of scared in case i gain weight again. I have heard LOTS of stories about breast growth on the pill. This is would really love as after my daughter my boobs just shrunk, but the skin stayed I really hate it. I would like to give this a try! lol
    Did you notice any discomfort in sex? Or a kick to your libido?
    Yasmin is something i would like to try and i have a doctors appt next week so i am definitely going to discuss this with him.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talk. To. Your . Gynecologist.
    He will be the best person to talk to about it, he can answer all your questions and advise you the right contraception.
    The thing with pills is that even doctors can't fully predict what side effects you will have . The only way to find out is to try some. What doctor can do is to make you try those pills, that fit your wishes (at least on the package description ) .
    For example something that works good for me, can cause you weight gain, pickles on your whole face and what else . And vice versa. Go to a doctor .

And about yasmin, I dunno if I take it or not, I take Yaz , it's possible that it's not the same as yasmin. I take it during 24 days and 4 other pills are just placebo pills. I started to take those cause I spoke to my doctor and I told him that I gained weight and got a bit too moody on previous pills and depo. He decided to give me those as they are suppose to not cause weight gain and should reduce the apettite ( I mean it should be normal and not like after other pills ) . He told me to try few months and then we decide if they work good or not , if not we will try something else. After taking them for a month, I already noticed a bit less apettite and a bit higher libido, I'll check the second one in a bit more than two weeks hehehehe.

Ok I just checked, I take yasmin lol , but I hope my boobs won't grow even bigger, I don't want to change my bras to a size bigger, AGAIN damn it . It's not funny. More would really look bad on me. I have already 85C
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 23-05-11 at 12:31 AM.
    I wazzzz here

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The usual reason the pill causes weight gain is because it increases appetite, so you eat more. If you have self control when it comes to food, you will be ok
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Thanks my appt is on thursday so going to look into yasmin for sure i have heard many good things about it! I would definitely like a bit more weight to my boobs though, if they dont get bigger then at last fill them out abit.. Sigh.. lol

And i have self control with food, to a certain extent. My appetite is pretty high most of the time anyway i just have a really fast metabolism im thinking. I bought myself a treadmill and have been addicted to the wii fit, so maybe il be okay
    But thanks again. Im just really sick of condoms now.. I have used nothing else for 2 years and my new man i am seeing is so big, we even use the trojan kind and he is breaking out of them. Its a pain in the ass. We have tried lube and he is still breaking out of them when he comes! We had a scare on our first time as he broke and we didnt realise so he came inside me!! Luckily i came on my period the next day and took the plan B just in case.

Do you have sex without a condom whilst on the pill?? Or do you always use one to just make sure?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have sex without condom, I have only one partner and he's having only one partner as well And condoms yeah, are uncomfortable ,but if you're not sure if your partner could give you something (not only a bebe hehe) you should use some.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    I have sex without condom, I have only one partner and he's having only one partner as well And condoms yeah, are uncomfortable ,but if you're not sure if your partner could give you something (not only a bebe hehe) you should use some.
    I cant wait to have sex without a condom again!! seems silly but i really missed it. Il stop using a condom if we get serious im thinking.. Well, not that it would matter i guess, he already came inside me and we already agreed that we wouldnt be seeing anyone else while we were together like this. But il probably get checked out on my appt anyway, if everythings good to go, the condom may be coming off

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hahaha it was funny we went with my bf to his parents house for easter and we found the condoms that we used at the beginning of our relationship lol. I already forgot how it feels like to even touch a condom lol
    I wazzzz here

Why not try a contraceptive sponge or diaphragm?

A vasectomy works well, if you follow the doctor's instructions, but is permanent. Well, reversible usually. But, you can't beat the peace of mind.

80% of vasectomy failures are due to not following the doctor's instructions. As soon as the vasectomy is performed, sperm are still waiting in the urethra and other tubes. So, after 10 orgasms, the man must take a "sample" into the doctor to see if there are any more sperm left. If so, wait 10 more orgasms, bring in another sample.

There are 2 different vasectomies that I know of. Some work better than others. I got the better one: dr removed 1.5 inches of each vas deferens, burned all ends of vas, and put tiny plastic clips on the vas. So, if they grew back, and got past the cauterization, the clips would stop the little swimmers.

Google "vasectomy failure rate".
    Last edited by bulrush; 23-05-11 at 05:56 AM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    he already came inside me
    ah, isn't this a cause for concern??
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vasectomy?Maybe this guy wants to have a baby ?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    A vasectomy works well, if you follow the doctor's instructions, but is permanent. Well, reversible usually. But, you can't beat the peace of mind.

80% of vasectomy failures are due to not following the doctor's instructions. As soon as the vasectomy is performed, sperm are still waiting in the urethra and other tubes. So, after 10 orgasms, the man must take a "sample" into the doctor to see if there are any more sperm left. If so, wait 10 more orgasms, bring in another sample.

There are 2 different vasectomies that I know of. Some work better than others. I got the better one: dr removed 1.5 inches of each vas deferens, burned all ends of vas, and put tiny plastic clips on the vas. So, if they grew back, and got past the cauterization, the clips would stop the little swimmers.

Google "vasectomy failure rate".
    I dont think i will be asking my new 24yr old man to get a vasectomy. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast