+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birth control?

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Vasectomy?Maybe this guy wants to have a baby ?
    Yeah no doubt. lol He has no kids and already said he wanted them. Dont think a vasectomy is our solution!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    ah, isn't this a cause for concern??
    It would have been, if i hadnt come on my period the next day and taken the Plan B. Highly unlikely chance of pregnancy but i will be getting checked out for other things this week. He told me he had been checked out since he slept with a girl in January, i trust he was telling the truth but still want to find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Why not try a contraceptive sponge or diaphragm?
    How do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    How do they work?
    Just google it and you will get all the facts. Both these things require insertion before you use them. The sponge you buy from a drug store, the diaphragm is issued by a doctor because you have to be fitted for one. Both are painless.

Yeah, im not a big fan of any kind of apparatus going inside of me. Kinda makes me cringe.. I dont know. Im going to try the pill again. Maybe find one that suits me this time!

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    Thanks ladies! I spoke about the coil with my doctor, i dont think that is for me. But the yasmin pill, i am kind of curious. We have discussed this and i liked the sound of it. Yet i am still kind of scared in case i gain weight again. I have heard LOTS of stories about breast growth on the pill. This is would really love as after my daughter my boobs just shrunk, but the skin stayed I really hate it. I would like to give this a try! lol
    Did you notice any discomfort in sex? Or a kick to your libido?
    Yasmin is something i would like to try and i have a doctors appt next week so i am definitely going to discuss this with him.
    I can soooo relate to the boob problem. I went from an A cup to a DD when I was pregnant, and even though I took forever to deflate, if I allow myself to get so skinny I get down to an A cup again my boobs look like mens wallets with nipples! Not a good look!

Yasmin does lower my libido, but it had no effect on my best friends libido. No one I know that is on it has experienced discomfort during sex (unless the guy was doing it wrong :p ).
    Give it a go. It's always worth a try. And personally, I don't mind the drop in libido since it means when I do want sex I can enjoy it freely and without a condom.

Try every brand of BC pill in existence until you find one that doesn't cause side effects. Seriously, there are so many options out there, and they affect each person differently. The first pill I tried was Yasmin. It made my boobs hurt and I had my period for 60 days straight (not even kidding), so I went off it. My friend was on Yasmin and it didn't give her any trouble whatsoever. Go figure. The next pill I tried was Lybrel, the one that's taken continuously with no inactive pills, so you're not supposed to get a period for a year. Well, it gave me a 20-day period and made me gain 5 pounds of water weight, so I went off it. (Note: if you gain weight on the pill, at least 5 pounds of that will be water weight.) Then I tried Lutera, which is a generic, and I have absolutely no side effects from it whatsoever. Third time's the charm! My point is, it's a trial-and-error process, so don't give up on the pill.

I have to say, I am a bit baffled by your passionate dislike of condoms. Are they really that bad for you? I know men can feel them a little, but I've never noticed the feel of the condom. Once, and only once, I had sex without a condom (I'm on the pill, so I was still protected). We'd started out with a condom as usual, but after a few minutes my bf said he wasn't going to be able to come with the condom on because he'd taken Percocet that night (he takes it for severe headaches), and narcotics can decrease sensitivity. He asked if he could take the condom off, and he promised to pull out. Even though I was on the pill, we were still worried about going without a condom. I finally said OK, and when he resumed without the condom, he was like "oh wow, does that feel different to you?" I said yes, but truthfully, I couldn't feel any difference. In my head I was thinking "What the hell are you talking about, it feels the same." Maybe I'm just weird? (I'd just like to point out that the only time my man had a problem with the condom was when he was on hardcore narcotics. Other than that, the condom never bothered him.)

And I actually kind of like the moment when he reaches over to the bedside table for a condom and lube. It only takes a second to put it on, and for me it actually heightens the excitement because it lets me know for sure what's about to happen. I don't know, I like that brief moment of anticipation. Maybe I just like to be mentally prepared for sex; I wouldn't want him to just slip it in with no warning. Putting on a condom can also be part of foreplay. You could put it on him, and if you want him to really enjoy it, put it on him using your mouth (NOT your teeth!). And make sure you use the right size so your boy doesn't go busting out of them.

Umm, even with contraception, you should still pull out, unless you want kids.

Shelly, I can feel them. I've never been a fan of lube either, so maybe there's half my problem. My issue with lube is I don't like feeling artificially wet. It seems to confuse my body to the point where I will actually dry up. With condoms, no matter how thin (though I am curious about silicon condoms) I lose that flesh on flesh sensation. I become extremely aware of the condom and worry it will come off inside me. I then become prone to starfishing for fear of making it come off. Then I dry up. It is possibly a mind over matter thing, I'm not sure.

Try massage oil (but only if you're having sex without a condom!!!) it works pretty well for sex, and you can start things off with massages. Water-based lubes get all sticky and nasty, not to mention, they smell.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Shelly, I can feel them. I've never been a fan of lube either, so maybe there's half my problem. My issue with lube is I don't like feeling artificially wet. It seems to confuse my body to the point where I will actually dry up. With condoms, no matter how thin (though I am curious about silicon condoms) I lose that flesh on flesh sensation. I become extremely aware of the condom and worry it will come off inside me. I then become prone to starfishing for fear of making it come off. Then I dry up. It is possibly a mind over matter thing, I'm not sure.
    If you use a condom you should use it with a spermicidal foam or cream, for condoms can slip off or break...the foam will give you extra protection. If in the event of an accident, go to the pharmacy and ask for Plan B or the morning after pill. It will eliminate any chance of pregnancy but you have to take it within 72 hours.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Umm, even with contraception, you should still pull out, unless you want kids.
    ???? how old are you now? Shouldn't you be starting to get some clue by now?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyZ View Post
    I have to say, I am a bit baffled by your passionate dislike of condoms. Are they really that bad for you? I know men can feel them a little, but I've never noticed the feel of the condom. Once, and only once, I had sex without a condom (I'm on the pill, so I was still protected). We'd started out with a condom as usual, but after a few minutes my bf said he wasn't going to be able to come with the condom on because he'd taken Percocet that night (he takes it for severe headaches), and narcotics can decrease sensitivity. He asked if he could take the condom off, and he promised to pull out. Even though I was on the pill, we were still worried about going without a condom. I finally said OK, and when he resumed without the condom, he was like "oh wow, does that feel different to you?" I said yes, but truthfully, I couldn't feel any difference. In my head I was thinking "What the hell are you talking about, it feels the same." Maybe I'm just weird? (I'd just like to point out that the only time my man had a problem with the condom was when he was on hardcore narcotics. Other than that, the condom never bothered him.)
    I dont mind the feel of condoms, i can certainly tell the difference though. But i LOVE that skin to skin feeling you get without one. Maybe it is just what i am used to that i like without rather than with a condom, when me and my partner had to start using them i ws really disapointed. Also, i love when a man comes inside me. The rush it gives me...wow. I dont know if its the fact i can feel it but just the visual i get when a man comes inside me gives me this rush of excitement that makes me orgasm everyy time. Ahh.. I miss that
    I can totally see where you are coming from getting excited over the anticipation of him stopping and grabbing a condom i kind of feel the same way sometimes. But for me, when we are in the heat of the moment we are totally passed the point of foreplay and screaming in your head 'f*ck me!' then i love to just feel him slip up without any hesitation, it gets me going and also makes me feel like im going to orgasm almost right there and then. If we take a second off for him to grab anything then i completely lose that feeling all together. It still feels amazing as soon as we start but it just looses that certain feel of desperation to be inside me.
    Maybe im weird, but i really am sick of condoms.

I think a good deal of it is psychological too. Especially for women, so much of our ability to feel physically aroused depends on what we're thinking and feeling emotionally. For me, having sex without a condom would make me so nervous that I wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy it. In the beginning of our relationship, I wouldn't have sex with my boyfriend because I wasn't on birth control yet, even though he had condoms. It was kinda funny, he was trying to talk me into it (not pressuring me though) and he was like "You don't need to be on birth control. The condoms I use have spermicide on them, inside and out. And I'll pull out, with the condom on." But I said no, that wasn't good enough, I wouldn't feel comfortable unless we were using condom and pill together. I was like "I'm going to the doctor next week to get the pill, then I have to wait until my period starts to start taking the pill, then I have to wait 7 days before the pill will be effective. Then we can have sex." He just looked at me and he was like "You think a lot more than I do." LOL

By the way, I wouldn't recommend using condoms that come with spermicide on them (I believe the ingredient is N-9). It can be very irritating for the ladies.

Lol Shelly!! That sounds a little like me now except for me it is more, "I missed a pill this month. That's it til next month". Luckily my partner is happy to go with this. Since our son was born any pregnancy scare has resulted in 3 months of abstaining from sex completely. My Aunt once told me "you don't know sex makes babies until you have one" I was 16 at the time and thought, 'that's ridiculous! I know sex makes babies'. Now I understand. :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12