+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl says she wants to be just friends?

Girl says she wants to be just friends?

I have been hanging out with a girl for about a year now. Things couldn't have been better. We have great chemistry and get along perfect. We have been on many dates and had sex plenty of times, and both expressed that we have feelings for one another. However, the other day she told me she thinks it would be better if we stay as just friends. Her reasoning for this is that she is still in nursing school and doesn't know where she is going to end up so she needs to figure out her life first.

I told her that I cannot be just friends with her because I care about her too much. After doing some thinking I have asked her not to contact me unless it is about getting back together. This is probably the toughest thing I've ever had to say anyone but it is just too hard for me to see her number on my phone or hang out with her as just friends.

I really want to be with the girl but I know that I cannot force her to like me so I'm just gonna give her space and see what happens. I've decided that I need move on and if things are meant to be, than she will miss reach out and try to contact me.

Am I doing the right thing? What should I have done differently? Is there anything else I should do?

Yes you are doing the right thing. If she was madly in love with you she would stop at nothing to be with you.....you are just friends with benefits...that is all and you know it. Sorry dude but she is just not that into you.

yeah you dont want to be where I am right now.. the limbo stage sucks.. I wish I had balls like you and just cut all ties.. but Im giving it one last attempt... but thats cause Its something I feel I need to do.. My advice.... follow your heart... thats what Im doing..

RB7 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bballfan2087 View Post
    I have been hanging out with a girl for about a year now. Things couldn't have been better. We have great chemistry and get along perfect. We have been on many dates and had sex plenty of times, and both expressed that we have feelings for one another. However, the other day she told me she thinks it would be better if we stay as just friends. Her reasoning for this is that she is still in nursing school and doesn't know where she is going to end up so she needs to figure out her life first.

I told her that I cannot be just friends with her because I care about her too much. After doing some thinking I have asked her not to contact me unless it is about getting back together. This is probably the toughest thing I've ever had to say anyone but it is just too hard for me to see her number on my phone or hang out with her as just friends.

I really want to be with the girl but I know that I cannot force her to like me so I'm just gonna give her space and see what happens. I've decided that I need move on and if things are meant to be, than she will miss reach out and try to contact me.

Am I doing the right thing? What should I have done differently? Is there anything else I should do?

Yeah its a tough situation and its obvious that she really isnt into a relationship with you. And it seems like you were the one doing the chasing all this time, until you told her to give you space! I cannot tell you how important it is that you do that. Its important initially to create a sense of divide between the two of you, or that you could pull away as she has been doing from the relationship. But the error you made (if you want your love reciprocated) is that you should have agreed with the break up, NOT set up an ultimatum. You need to act aloof and ok with the fact that she wants to see how her life will pan out and that you need to do the exact same thing and move on. From that point you wouldnt contact her at all…this is so important

I talk about this is more detail on my blog so feel free to pop by and check it out!

Here it is: how-to-get-back-your-ex-gf.blogspot (dot) com

All the best

RB

why should a person not bring up the relationship if they do meet up after nc?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    why should a person not bring up the relationship if they do meet up after nc?
    DarkHelmet82, I am new to this site so I cant respond to pms, if you want I will give you my email

rhapsodyinfusion@yahoo(.)com

I can send you the link there

All the best

Users Country Flag
    [url=http://www.magicofmakingup.com/?hop=rb5679]Magic Of Making Up | How To Get Your Ex Back | Relationship Advice | Break Up Advice[/url]

Heres a link to check out
    Last edited by RB7; 23-05-11 at 03:07 PM.